INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Playback Control For Frame Advance  (Read 3977 times)

KDPearson

• Recent member
Video Playback Control For Frame Advance
« on: August 27, 2013, 01:40:37 pm »

Can you pause video playback and do a frame advance in Media Center?
I know this will sound juvenile but I got a bunch of Space Ghost Coast To Coast episodes and some of the humor depends upon freezing the frame and reading the almost subliminally provided text. 
While I’m asking is there anyway of adjusting forward and reverse speeds?
Thanks,
Kent

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video Playback Control For Frame Advance
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 06:30:07 pm »

It's requested a lot and I wish I could do this too. It's received some support in the past by Jim at least so maybe we'll finally see it in v19...
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 08:41:08 pm »

Frame-by-frame, keyframe seeking, and screenshot functionality built in would be nice.
In other players, I like to have frame-by-frame on the mouse wheel, which makes scanning for the right frame you want a lot easier.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 10:09:08 pm »

Frame-by-frame, keyframe seeking, and screenshot functionality built in would be nice.
In other players, I like to have frame-by-frame on the mouse wheel, which makes scanning for the right frame you want a lot easier.

By "screenshot", do you mean "screen grab"?

Can't find this mentioned by wiki or forum post but you can get a screen grab with video playing:
   Initiate Context Menu (i.e. Right Mouse click) > Window > Screen Grab to File

So, MC is part way there.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 12:01:08 am »

By "screenshot", do you mean "screen grab"?

Can't find this mentioned by wiki or forum post but you can get a screen grab with video playing:
   Initiate Context Menu (i.e. Right Mouse click) > Window > Screen Grab to File

So, MC is part way there.
I assume that's the same thing, though it's disabled when using madVR for some reason.
In another player, such as MPC-HC, the screenshot function ("save image") can be assigned to a key and will save an unscaled PNG to a directory of your choosing.

KDPearson

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 04:26:52 pm »

Thanks everyone.  I'll look for DVD-like video playback controls in a future version.  I appreciate the responses.

zaza

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 03:59:56 am »

It would be much appreciated being able to go forward one frame at a time and can capture the desired image! hopefully it will be an option soon! thank you!  ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up