INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My JRiver questions  (Read 2049 times)

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
My JRiver questions
« on: August 27, 2013, 04:19:57 pm »

I finally switched to the Mac version to replace eLyric which barely works with my PWD II.

Questions:
Does Gapless work on this version or not? I've changed the settings under the track skip options.

How do I get this thing to refresh the list of music? There are things I've removed from the library that are still being displayed.

I've had some skipping issues on very high bitrate files (24/192). Is there a buffer setting that I can change?

TIA

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: My JRiver questions
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 10:38:06 am »

1. Gapless should work fine through USB.  It may not be possible through DLNA.  Which do you use?
2. [Tools > Import > Auto Import] should remove files you've deleted from your computer.
3. To change the buffer: [Tools > Options > Audio > Output Mode Settings > Buffer Size]  (This doesn't work over DLNA)
Adam Thompson, JRiver

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 04:02:58 pm »

1. I suppose I'm using DNLA (Ethernet from my router to the Bridge on the PS Audio DAC).
2. I've tried that, but will do it again.
3. Foiled again!

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 04:06:53 pm »

2. Actually, under Configure Auto Import, under the Add folders you'd like the program to watch, I removed a folder. Those files still appear and I want to get rid of them.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 04:12:35 pm »

Watched folders add items into the Library, and never remove them when you just remove a path as a watched folder.

You must manually remove items you don't want in the Library anymore.  You probably want soft-delete (select the items, hit Delete, leave the first checkbox selected).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 04:40:58 pm »

In that case:

1. After a search I've found the PS Audio DAC through Bridge doesn't support gapless through DLNA.
2. Mr C is correct.  A good way to find the ones you don't want would be to organize by filename and select them from there.
3. Perhaps try different presets in [Tools > Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA servers]. Otherwise try a search here and see if you find similar issues.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 07:18:18 pm »

If I use Elyric, it will do gapless, so it seems to be supported. I just tried it.

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 08:11:08 am »

It looks like they only made it available through their own software.  You could try right clicking on the zone > DLNA Controller Options > and uncheck "Disable Set Next support", but I'm not sure it will help.  It doesn't have something called "SetNextAVTransportURI" which players need to do gapless through DLNA.
Adam Thompson, JRiver
Pages: [1]   Go Up