INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: flag like lightroom  (Read 1674 times)

tester

• Junior Woodchuck
flag like lightroom
« on: August 28, 2013, 09:57:32 am »

he
i have a question. my library is quiet big and i would like to have a flag-mark option with a keystroke like in lightroom...so at the end for example i can flag diffrent albums with green and put them together in a playlist...

maybe itīs already integrated in youre amazing app -in a diffrent way...

thanks for helping

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: flag like lightroom
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 11:22:28 am »

You could use Ratings (if you don't use them for anything else) - these have a key shortcut already.

Or you could add your own 5-Star field, but this won't have a shortcut binding, so you'd have to click the stars.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

tester

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 11:30:03 am »

shure rating is good for rating...
iīll try to sort with diffrent kind of idea...best album for example or worst albums...so i can filter with diffrent things..
and custom fields as far as i tried - are not interchangeble? for example i ad "good" in the custom field and opend the file in another mediacenter ( i switchced from pc to mac) nothing is written in the custom field?

but what i ment is somthin quick like rating with stars but with another flexible idea - green flags for example...
thank you

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 11:49:17 am »

If you set the preference to Save in file tags (when possible) (item 9), the values will be saved in the file.

The developers read all the threads, so are I'm sure are aware of your request.  There have been a few similar requests in the past if I recall correctly.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

tester

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 12:07:46 pm »

cool

thank u
 ;D

Zanth

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 01:04:27 pm »

I am an avid Lightroom user so am doubly intrigued about this request. 

tester, would you billing to elaborate on what it is that is accomplished in Lightroom and what you are looking to do in Media Centre?

From your description I understand it to be:

1) Select a subset, in this instance albums

2) shortcut key configuration performs some action on the selected albums

3) your example = add selected albums to new playlist

4) rinse repeat.

If the above is correct, would the playlist be retained after closeout and next boot up?

In Lightroom I use sidecar files (I shoot raw) and usually maintain the images based on the shoot date.  I assigned meta data to the images after importing and I may change the file names, but usually it is just the meta data.

For a selection of images (from friends, or of some particular event), I may create a subdirectory and move all images to that directory (with Lightroom creating a real folder and migrating the images).  Is it at the step of selecting many objects and applying some meta tag and/or moving them that would be similar to what you are hoping for in Media Centre?

Kind Regards,
Z

tester

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 06:07:49 pm »

my request- lightroom like- just at the first level ...
after import i can flag and rate my pictures  in diffrent levels -  to make keepers and nonkeepers - to make a selection from the starrating (which is similar to the jriver-system), and to have a second system rating-system with colored flags (with shortcut)...

diffrent people could use this diffrent...red=next djset green=have to listen more intensive blue=read about the artist...and so on....

maybe its a stupid idea, but for me it would be great to have a second ratingsystem...

thank u
Pages: [1]   Go Up