INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using this media network 'trick'  (Read 1380 times)

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
Using this media network 'trick'
« on: August 29, 2013, 07:36:20 pm »

So try this and see if it works for you too.

Right after starting up MC go to 'Services & Plug-ins > 'Media Network' and watch as the servers load and report activity.

This seems to speed up bringing up the network device (my DAC for instance) rather than waiting for it to load 'normally'.

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Using this media network 'trick'
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 07:50:31 pm »

I found this the hard way a while back.....

After fighting a small problem with the pulgin I am working on, I put a simple timer(that is enabled by default) in my plugin and a sytem sound event on its first tick. If I start MC16 and just let it sit, it seems to take about 10 seconds for MC to call the plugin (I hear the system sound). If I start mc and go to "services & plugins" the system sound fires as soon as I select the plugin.

Dose it take MC16 10 seconds from when it is started to "Create The Plugin" and call it, or am I doing something wrong?

Ken

This is by design.

Media Center slowly starts background things like plugins, podcasting, handhelds, etc. after loading.

Probably has something to do with this.... If I click on my plugin as soon as MC starts it starts immediately...

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 08:25:12 pm »

Yeah that makes sense…

Still it does considerably speed up the process.

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 08:28:42 am »

In Tools/Options/Startup, if you have set the startup interface "Location:" to be "Last Location" and the last view you were using before shutdown was "Media Network", Media Center will startup with Media Network shown and it will come up very quickly.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 01:14:32 am »

Um, that is my 'default' setting, "Last Location"…

MC can be rather slow completing the start up process at times.  Thus my 'trick'.

JJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up