INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crashing when displaying library  (Read 2160 times)

emoon3

• Recent member
Crashing when displaying library
« on: August 31, 2013, 04:37:20 pm »

I'm trying to get jriver (latest version) working on a mac mini core duo running 10.6.8.

It works flawlessly on another mini core 2 duo running 10.8.4.

Both are connecting to a NAS unit where the music lives.

On the older mini I'm able to import all the music fine. If I click on audio or any view that shows the library files, jriver crashes immediately. I'm able to run in mini view, it plays music fine so it seems like it doesn't like thumbnails or coverart. Also, if I use jremote to connect to the server, it connects fine at first. I can see the library files. If I try to play anything from jremote, it crashes the server and upon subsequent relaunches, the library server won't start back up again until I reboot.

I see so many people posting that have jriver working on 10.6.8 so I'm hoping there is something I can do to get this working.

Thanks!

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
  • "Science is not a democracy"-Earl Geddes, Ph.D.
Re: Crashing when displaying library
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 02:39:07 pm »

Did you send the log file to JRiver?

logs (at) jriver (dot)com

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

emoon3

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 08:19:01 pm »

I'll do that tonight.

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
  • "Science is not a democracy"-Earl Geddes, Ph.D.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 08:40:52 pm »

I'll do that tonight.
Yeah, that will help you and them. 

Help > Logging > then press report problem (reset on the bottom after)  The log file will be on your desktop. 
W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

pirogallo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 07:45:26 am »

I'm trying to get jriver (latest version) working on a mac mini core duo running 10.6.8.

It works flawlessly on another mini core 2 duo running 10.8.4.

Both are connecting to a NAS unit where the music lives.

On the older mini I'm able to import all the music fine. If I click on audio or any view that shows the library files, jriver crashes immediately. I'm able to run in mini view, it plays music fine so it seems like it doesn't like thumbnails or coverart. Also, if I use jremote to connect to the server, it connects fine at first. I can see the library files. If I try to play anything from jremote, it crashes the server and upon subsequent relaunches, the library server won't start back up again until I reboot.

I see so many people posting that have jriver working on 10.6.8 so I'm hoping there is something I can do to get this working.

Thanks!
Same (more or less) here since the beginning of the life of MC on Mac; any view with thumbnails crashes; if the view has no thumbnails to be displayed then the library is correctly displayed.
I would add that if MC on Mac is used as a client of a MC server, the library is displayed correctly with the thumbnails (and this is my way now).
May be something goes wrong in the management of the thumbnails in the local library but so far I have not been able to find where the problem lies.
Sent several times the log file with no results and I resigned. I hope you are more lucky (so I take this opportunity too)

(Mac book core 2; 10.6.8 )

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 08:54:34 am »

Sorry, I wasn't able to find the culprit in the previous logs I looked at and I can't reproduce the problem on my 10.6.8 system.  Please send more log files.  I'm thinking if I see logs from different people I can find some commonality that points to a problem.  Thanks.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

pirogallo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 10:50:51 am »

Sorry, I wasn't able to find the culprit in the previous logs I looked at and I can't reproduce the problem on my 10.6.8 system.  Please send more log files.  I'm thinking if I see logs from different people I can find some commonality that points to a problem.  Thanks.
Done. Thanks.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 02:08:17 pm »

The log that pirogallo sent pointed to the general area of the problem.  I've created a special build that has more specific debugging log output to try to pinpoint the problem.  Email me at johnt at jriver dot com for a link.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

emoon3

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 06:16:34 pm »

That build works flawlessly.

Thanks!

pirogallo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 05:03:22 am »

YESSS!!!