INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Transfer library to another computer  (Read 2479 times)

freddie40

• Junior Woodchuck
How to Transfer library to another computer
« on: September 01, 2013, 11:32:35 am »

How do I transfer my entire library to another library without losing tags and artwork?  I have a lot of DSD and I am afraid of losing the tags and artwork.

Thanks,

Dave
Crystal Clear Music Tweaked Mac Mini  /  Mountain Lion -> JRiver -> Ayre QB9 -> Bryston BP26DA -> Bryston 4BSST2 -> B&W 802Di | Transparent interconnects & Wire |  Crystal Clear Music Power Cords

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: How to Transfer library to another computer
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 12:00:01 pm »

Have you exported from the source library via an MPL playlist, and imported in the target library?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

freddie40

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 08:24:29 pm »

Would copying the entire JRiver folder from Application support do what I want?

Dave
Crystal Clear Music Tweaked Mac Mini  /  Mountain Lion -> JRiver -> Ayre QB9 -> Bryston BP26DA -> Bryston 4BSST2 -> B&W 802Di | Transparent interconnects & Wire |  Crystal Clear Music Power Cords

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 08:47:46 am »

IF you want to simply move th library to another PC ....

What I do is just backup your library, then use that file and restore from the new PC. You will/might have to change (repoint the path) under library tools but all your tags will be on the restore.

Apparently you can also do a clone, but honestly I have never used that function yet.

If you want to  append one library to an existing one, you would have to do what Mr. C is suggesting (but make sure the database file structure is identical before doing so ... I had problems once by not having a number of  fields on the destination library that I had on the source! :-[ )
Pages: [1]   Go Up