INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: advice on USB dongle and 3 keyboards  (Read 1438 times)

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
advice on USB dongle and 3 keyboards
« on: September 05, 2013, 11:51:47 am »

Hi everyone

I am very happy because my very crappy, dysfunctional bluetooth keyboard died finally! Other than the misery of typing on this "thing" the combination of the bluetooth dongle and the keyboard was so bad that even 6 feet away I had to stand up and point the keyboard at my PC while typing to search for a song in JRiver.

I know nothing about USB and backward compatibility 2.1 edr 3.0 4.0 -- I just want it to have a good range without line-of-sight (like perfect at ten feet even if a chair or humans gets in the way; I don't buy these 100 ft advertisements I see on amazon ...) Could anyone tell me what is the best spec USB to more or less guarantee this

Anyways I have to use an ipad more and more for work. So I need it to be compatible with my PC running JRiver and the tablet.

So I narrowed it down between these keyboards:

- a "k810" Logitech -- the +s for me is that is the only keyboard I've heard about that can pair with multiple devices; no protection though for carting it around with the ipad and no stand

- a Microsoft wedge -- the only one I tried typing with and I thought it was actually really comfortable to use for its size; pluses are that it is well protected and has a stand for the ipad; it also support USB 3.0 but I'm not sure what that means

- a Logitech "Tablet" Keyboard - the biggest, protected for travel with a stand; but I'm not sure it actually works with Windows - some reviews said it does some says it doesn't

I'm leaning for the Microsoft and having to re-pair twice a day because I can get it for 25 euros with a rebate from microsoft (need an AZERTY model). the others are 2 to three times more expensive. Anybody have any experience with these keyboards?

I guess whats most important is which spec of a dongle to buy, I'm sure all three keyboards will be good enough to use for jrmc if I have a solid bluetooth connection. So if naybody can fill me in I'd appreciate it :)

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: advice on USB dongle and 3 keyboards
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 12:51:45 pm »

I LOVE the k810.  Here's my post:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=72650.msg515749#msg515749

The Bluetooth USB dongle is great.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Arindelle

Re: advice on USB dongle and 3 keyboards
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 01:43:35 pm »

terrific Mr C thanks so much for the input.

Just looked for that USB of yours though ... can't find it anywhere in europe on line yet except from Belgium on ebay for 49 euros!! and at Amazon US its 13 bucks. This time I'll pay the duty !!
Pages: [1]   Go Up