INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setup issue  (Read 2945 times)

elpeefan

• Recent member
Setup issue
« on: September 08, 2013, 05:41:11 pm »

Epic Fail! Just doesn’t work. I have run my “2nd Trial” to the end, of ver. 18 for MAC. I cannot justify $50 if it can’t be made to work. I am using PC ver. 19 with no issues on my PC, 950 megs of CD rips, 44.1/16.
I have completed digitizing 700 LP’s at 192/24 using a program called “Pure Vinyl”, and a “Fireface UC” Analog to Digital converter, that also functions as a DAC, using a MAC mini. The “Pure Vinyl” program plays them back using iTunes. The album artwork icons in iTunes are too small, and the playback interface is too complicated. I wish to use JRiver with JPlay, with playback from memory. The “Pure Vinyl” program saves entered track info and “renders” the files to iTunes.

When I “import” the library to JRiver 18 for MAC, it displays the artwork and lists the files for each album. The Fireface is the selected output device. When I select “play” under the highlighted artwork, it starts to “buffer” each track, 1 thru N, then repeat starting again at track one. There is never any sound.

The “archive” files created by “Pure Vinyl” are CAF format, 192/24. The “rendered” iTunes files are m4p, according to iTunes, at a “sample rate” of 192.000 kHz, and a “bit rate” of 11 or 12 kbps. I do not know why the “bit rate” isn’t 24. The “Library” is a WD “MyBook II”, WD60000H2Q as Raid 1, connected by Firewire Port to a MAC Mini, Late 2012 version, 4 gigs of memory. The RME Fireface UC converter is connected thru a USB port. The files were digitized “flat”, RIAA in software on playback.

The RME Fireface UC it temporary; the DAC of choice will be the Oppo 105.

I’m sure someone has digitized LP’s at 192/24 and figured a way for JRiver to play them. On a MAC or on a PC if I have to convert the CAF files to WAV, if that can be done. And why won’t JRiver play CAF files natively, as CAF is supposed to be the latest greatest audio format for the MAC?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Setup issue
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 06:06:56 pm »

Please use a single thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82614.0

Also, please refrain from caustic remarks.  Closing this now.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up