INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to completely uninstall mc18 from mac?  (Read 4369 times)

danfl75

• Junior Woodchuck
how to completely uninstall mc18 from mac?
« on: September 08, 2013, 05:58:28 pm »

Hi, I'm trying to diagnose another problem and want to start with a clean, new install of MC18. I trashed the media center 18 package from applications, and any other files I can find, but the library still persists. IOW, when I run File>Libabry> Import> Import one folder, it shows no new entries. The root problem I'm chasing is albums and artists still show entries only from HDtracks and none from itunes. I'm desperate for help on that and please see >1 month old thread from me for more details on that. I'm guessing this happened because I had relocated the HDtracks directory under music along with itunes. I've since moved the HDtracks dir but the problem remains. I can only play music from the tree via audio > File > etc etc. Thanks in advance for any help.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: how to completely uninstall mc18 from mac?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 10:09:31 pm »

Your Library files live under ~/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 18.  You could delete that entire folder and reinstall.

Let's go from there...
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

danfl75

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 07:42:19 pm »

Thank you Mr C. I can't find a J River folder under Library/Application Support. I'm using Mac OS 10.8.4, is there something else I can try or look for?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 09:05:11 pm »

It should be there:

$ pwd
/Users/MrC/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 18
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

danfl75

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 08:09:29 pm »

Thank you Mr C! I wasn't seeing system or hidden folders I guess when clicking thru finder. I'm inexperienced in Mac/unix, but I knew how to check that location in terminal and did find it. This process for searching then helped me find and delete the package and that J River folder which also had a locks folder with an option file inside.

http://guides.macrumors.com/Uninstalling_Applications_in_Mac_OS_X

That's all good and solved and thanks much for the help. Bad news is I still have my original problem. I'll update that thread next.
Pages: [1]   Go Up