INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 18 , a few questions from a newbie if i may?.  (Read 1662 times)

Wayne C

• Recent member
Media Center 18 , a few questions from a newbie if i may?.
« on: September 09, 2013, 04:12:46 am »

I downloaded j river media center over the weekend as I was and still am increasingly frustrated at Itunes lack of ability for the user to Interact and actually use it, I've downloaded the J River 18 30 day trial and so far have been well pleased with it. I have a Mac pro with 16 GB of ram on board but am getting a lot of errors saying program unresponsive and the spinning muticolured disk? ( I have never had a single program unresponsive notification in ITunes use!,  this is happening regularly. I have 3tb of aiff files of music on my Mac currently. When I imported the files j river automatically downloaded artwork mostly in lo resolution, is there any way to delete all the artwork and ask the program to search for high resolution files only ?, as a few hundred of the j pegs the program picked are only 8kb in size , this happened when J River 18 did its initial search of my music files on initial uptake of my library list. Also is there an easy way for the program to completely disregarding fragmented or incomplete albums?,  albums which may only for example have tracks 2 and 7 out of a 10 track album?, as these files are all still showing currently in my library.
And finally could some direct me to a wiki for optimum settings when using an external dac , i currently have core audio set by default , i'm using as follows

media center 18 through a Mac Pro into a M2 Tec Hi Face 2 sp diff converter into a tag mclaren dac capable of a maximum conversion rate of 96k.

A few questions but thanks in advance.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center 18 , a few questions from a newbie if i may?.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 08:45:01 am »

When I imported the files j river automatically downloaded artwork mostly in lo resolution, is there any way to delete all the artwork and ask the program to search for high resolution files only ?
Select the files for which you want higher res artwork, right-click and select "Cover art / Get from Internet", in the option box at lower left, select "Choose largest...".
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 08:47:25 am »

I have a Mac pro with 16 GB of ram on board but am getting a lot of errors saying program unresponsive and the spinning muticolured disk?
Please send a log file and we'll take a look at it.  After one of these incidents, restart Media Center and go to Help / Report problem and send the resultant file to logs at jriver dot com. Thanks!

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 11:11:28 am »

And finally could some direct me to a wiki for optimum settings when using an external dac , i currently have core audio set by default ,
There's a wiki page here.

Wayne C

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 04:20:39 am »

thanks for your help i'll do all of those things as suggested and report back cheers Wayne.
Pages: [1]   Go Up