INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing script in font settings?  (Read 6775 times)

gouruu

Changing script in font settings?
« on: September 09, 2013, 05:50:09 pm »

Hello friends , I'm new to JRiver MC . I am trying to play a movie but I have a problem with subtitles.  I try to change script from Western to Central European but no result , script stay the same.
I'm going Tools>Options>Video>Subtitle Font

Any help? Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Changing script in font settings?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 06:01:48 pm »

Welcome.

If you have a sidecar subtitle file (like .srt) that's showing the wrong characters, open it with Notepad and save it as Unicode (using UTF-8 or UTF-16).  It will probably fix it.

The issue is that these files sometimes use ANSI for Unicode, which by its nature is ambiguous and requires us to use the system code page for character codes between 128 and 255.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gouruu

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 11:03:10 am »

Thanks Matt for your reply, but nothing changed.

I'm from Macedonia , for subtitles I use Serbian , Croatian , Macedonian and sometimes Bulgarian. So everitime when I use diferent language I need to change my sistem locale to watch a movie on JRiver MC.
Till now I played my movies with BSplayer and all I need to do is just change the script (Central European or Cyrilic) in font settings from player .  Why I can't change the script on JRiver MC and by default is set Western. Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 11:07:59 am »

Thanks Matt for your reply, but nothing changed.

I'm from Macedonia , for subtitles I use Serbian , Croatian , Macedonian and sometimes Bulgarian. So everitime when I use diferent language I need to change my sistem locale to watch a movie on JRiver MC.
Till now I played my movies with BSplayer and all I need to do is jast change the script (Central European or Cyrilic) in font settings from player .  Why I can't change the script on JRiver MC and by default is set Western. Thanks

Could you provide more details about what format subtitle file you're using?

If they're SRT, when you open them in Notepad, do they appear correct?  And what happens after you save them with UTF-16 encoding and then play in MC?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gouruu

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 05:08:09 pm »

Yes  they are SRT, and when I open in Notepad they are not correct ,  I save them with UTF-8 (don't have an option UTF-16, only ANSI , Unicode , Unicode big endian and UTF-8) and nothing hepens, they are the same. Only when I change sistem locale (depend on what language is subtitle) they apear correct. But I don't want to change sistem locale , like on other players (BS , VLC) I just want to change the script from Western to Central European or Cyrilic , what I can't do on JRiver MC . Evrey time I try , script stay Western , not change .  ?

Plutotype

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 10:43:46 am »

2017 and this has not been resolved. How can I please change the script to Central European permanently? It keeps reverting to Western script all the time. Also with MC22.
EDIT: Fixed by Windows settings, check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isj1mHAaJRI
Pages: [1]   Go Up