INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting Up MC18  (Read 1458 times)

Buns

Setting Up MC18
« on: September 17, 2013, 03:02:02 pm »

I am trialing JRiver MC18 and am having trouble setting it up for best sound.  Can't find guidance from JRiver.  Can anyone help?

Under Tools, Options, Audio Output Mode only Direct Sound will give me sound.  Thought that for my OS (Wind & 64-bit) I should be able to use WASAPI.   Why can't I?  Best buffering setting?  0.25 sec?

Volume Mode.  Which is best:  Application, Internal, System or Disabled?  Setting for Max Volume and Internal Volume Reference level.  Which is best, 100%.

Advanced.  Which of the six plugins should be used?  My files are mainly WAV and FLAC with a smattering of WMA and MP3.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks

whatsup

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Setting Up MC18
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 08:42:36 pm »

I am trialing JRiver MC18 and am having trouble setting it up for best sound.  Can't find guidance from JRiver.  Can anyone help?

Under Tools, Options, Audio Output Mode only Direct Sound will give me sound.  Thought that for my OS (Wind & 64-bit) I should be able to use WASAPI.   Why can't I?  Best buffering setting?  0.25 sec?

Volume Mode.  Which is best:  Application, Internal, System or Disabled?  Setting for Max Volume and Internal Volume Reference level.  Which is best, 100%.

Advanced.  Which of the six plugins should be used?  My files are mainly WAV and FLAC with a smattering of WMA and MP3.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks

for the wasapi, try turning off 'event style' and then there are a ton of other settings that could be a prob.

volume mode I think is a personal option but internal sounds best for me...all set to 100%, also make sure your windows settings are disabled by clicking your speaker icon and choosing playback...would help to know what you're playing back thru and the connection type for a expert to help you out (I am not that expert)

as for as plugins...I have all mp3 so have never had any issues.

with all of these options try one at a time and start playback till you find the best sound for ur set up.

may I ask why you are testing MC18 and not going for the gold with MC19

Buns

Re: Setting Up MC18
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 12:03:54 pm »

That was the version offered when I downloaded the trial copy.  I believed that 19 came out immediately afterward.

Thanks very much for your reply.  It contains information that is valuable to me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up