INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: small problem with Netscape,Mozilla  (Read 989 times)

zevele1

small problem with Netscape,Mozilla
« on: March 13, 2002, 02:44:39 am »

If your default browser is Netscape 6|PLS| or Mozilla
When you try to acces MJ site from help-get pluging,music01....
You get a pop-up window
"htpp://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/message-board/index pl' is not found"
If you have all the f##3 Windows sounds on your computer,you get a bell
Beside this ,the browser opens to the page
I know you do not have many users on Netscape or Mozilla
But you may have a look at it,cause:
next Netscape on his way.He will get big headlines,and a lot of people will give it a try
sooner that you may think,next AOl browser will be out.A Mozilla/Netscape tailored browser,not anymore IE
yalla-bye

Jazzwolf

RE:small problem with Netscape,Mozilla
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2002, 04:09:00 am »

I had tried Netscape 6.2 and I dropped it like a hot potato. I figured I would try it because I have multiple email accounts and Netscape 6.2 allows you to retrieve it without the security problems that Outlook Express has but that browser was really buggy. It would freeze up at times and I would have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete and shut it down. It was really aggravating!
I went back to using Outlook Express and IE 6.0, I also reinstalled Netscape 4.72 which I have never had a problem with. AOL can keep it's Mozilla browser, from what I have been reading they are going to release it KNOWING that it is buggy! Go figure! It is just like AOL/Time Warner to release something knowing there is a problem. Trust me, I know. I worked for Time Warner for 12 years in the Cable Division and they would Bring out services, cable boxes etc. knowing that there was a problem with it.

zevele1

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2002, 04:37:20 am »

you are right about Netscape 6.2.it is not a final product
But you are not about AOL
All of it is based on Mozilla.Few days ago we got Mozilla 9.9.9 The last beta before final release.Next Netscape and the next AOL will use this final release
I am a Netscape user since my first minute on the web and do not know how Outlook express looks.i never had it
I do not stand on Netscape side  cause i am anti-Microsoft.AOL is the same s##ty corporate
Mozilla is Netscape without the AOL s##t.I use the last beta since few days,this one rocks and is far better than ANY other browsers
From outside,according to all i can read,it is hard to understand why 34 millions people use AOL
In france,they have a name for AOL:the browser for mongoloides...........

Jazzwolf

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2002, 05:11:49 am »

>>From outside,according to all i can read,it is hard to understand why 34 millions people use AOL
In france,they have a name for AOL:the browser for mongoloides...........<<

For a person that knows nothing about the internet or computers in general, AOL is the EASIEST browser and surfer to use. My Mother-in-law is 70 years old and we bought her a computer, she is surfing all over the place now. I can't knock the service because they understood from the beginning that the majority of the public needed a program that was VERY easy to understand and use. Why else do you think that AOL blew Compuserve, Prodigy, Sprynet etc.. out of the water? I really believe that if it wasn't for AOL the internet would not have as many users as it presently has. What's ironic is that AOL having basically destroyed Compuserve which was the BIGGEST service at the time bought them... but unfortunately they ruined the service as well. I wouldn't call an AOL user a mongoloid, there are a lot of people that are intimidated by computers and the Internet and AOL is more than they will ever need.

zevele1

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2002, 05:32:49 am »

As i said"from outside".We do not have AOL here,so i never saw it,used it
What i know is all the web sites who speak about AOL.The slower browser on earth.I see a lot of time that many softwares do not work very well with AOl.that OAL users do not have acces to this service,or this one.More than it ,i cannot say
France is not the country of "political correct speaking".
Now,you and me are"mongoloide" in the way we use  other things
For me ,it is car.The only thing i really understand in my car is the radio/cd player.....I will be very very happy to use a kind of AOL for my car.
Beside this,the fact that AOl will use Grego for is next browser is of importance.The weeb pages with the infamous"best with IE'or "only with IE' will have to think hard about 34 millions people not seing it.The same for many softwares-most of them very good- who are "IE only"
AOl-Warner is trying a new "secure code" for they cds.And they plan to start a service RealOne,Pressplay look alike.No compatible with WindowsMediaplayer.
I feel that there is more than money,power in the game.Like AOL wants to hurt Microsoft or Gates.More like between to persons that 2 corporates
Pages: [1]   Go Up