INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I access menus for calibration discs - Spears/Munsil, Disney WOW  (Read 3456 times)

Nyal Mellor

• Recent member

I can't figure this out though I am sure like most things JRiver it is buried in a menu somewhere  :-X

When I put in a bluray calibration disc like Spears/Munsil I can't access the individual test patterns. How can I do this?

Nyal Mellor

• Recent member
Re: How do I access menus for calibration discs - Spears/Munsil, Disney WOW
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 11:51:00 am »

bump

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 12:42:21 pm »

Since JRiver doesn't offer a Blu-ray menu, you have to manually configure the files. The hard part is figuring out what files do what. I have several calibration discs and here is what I do:

1.  If you have the disc ripped to a hard drive, you can browse to  the Disc Name\BDMV\Stream folder in Windows Explorer. Copy or cut the entire Stream folder out of the folder structure and place it elsewhere.

2.  Now you can import all the files into JRiver and they will import as separate entries since they are no longer in the original Blu-ray structure.

3.  Wait for JRiver to create thumbnails of all imported files. You should be in the Recently Imported playlist automatically in MC18.

4.  Tag all files with a Media Subtype of Test Clip.

5.  Play files to see what they are. The thumbnail may identify the file. Sometimes you need to play the Blu-ray in an Arcsoft demo or regular Blu-ray player to see the menu and figure out what file is what.

6.  Change the name tag of files you want and delete from the library those that you don't want.

7.  Create a view to show the files.

Another method is to create Particles using the playback range.

Below is a picture of all files from Disney World of Wonder imported into JRiver.

Nyal Mellor

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 11:56:50 am »

Thanks for the insights, I successfully imported WoW also using this method. Was a bit of a pain to determine which test clip was which and discard all the useless segments but I got there in the end! So great to now have proper test clips on the HTPC for video evaluation and calibration.
Pages: [1]   Go Up