INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Same Album Different Formats - How to Import to Separate Folders  (Read 4235 times)

Airfla

• Junior Woodchuck
Same Album Different Formats - How to Import to Separate Folders
« on: September 21, 2013, 04:52:44 pm »

I have several instances of the same album in different formats, e.g. flac & dsf or different versions of the same album in the same format. I assign different titles to identify them uniquely, e.g. Album X, Album X (DSD), Album X (Remastered), Album X (MoFi). J River imported the different flac versions I ripped in dBpoweramp with no problem. However, when I try to import a new DSD album with the same title as a flac album currently in the library, J River stores the new dsf files in the same folder as the flac files. J River apparently ignores the folder title I assigned when adding it to my NAS drive.

How do I import the new album with the same title to a separate album folder in the library?

whatsup

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Same Album Different Formats - How to Import to Separate Folders
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 06:09:47 pm »

why not just use explorer to move the files. as long as the folder also has the same name it would not interfere with the other album types...just a thought.

Airfla

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 06:30:26 pm »

I have used Explorer to add the folder to my NAS. The problem occurs when I want to import the album to my JRiver library. I want them to appear as separate albums there, but JRiver is importing the files into the existing album. So, you see two of every track, one in flac and the other in dsf. I can then select the dsf files, and using the tag editor to change the album title to create a new album, but there has to be an easier way.

whatsup

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 06:45:13 pm »

it must be the tags. you will prob need to adjust something in the albums tag to let JRiver know its a different album. I have seen other posts about this...search for these posts or even for JRiver 18 and i'm sure you will find a solution that will work for you...good luck

Airfla

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 05:23:05 pm »

I haven't been able to find anything that specifically addresses my problem because the somewhat complex file names resulting from how I've organized my NAS music library. It's not that difficult to select all the tracks in the "other" format and change the Album title tag to create a new album.

Nunes

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 01:13:25 pm »

very confusing , could anybody explain how to import an albun with different format

Nunes

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 01:46:02 pm »

i have mc 23 , anybody can help with same album different formats
Pages: [1]   Go Up