INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 19.0.46 -- Available Here  (Read 5156 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center for Mac version 19.0.46 -- Available Here
« on: September 26, 2013, 02:45:16 pm »

This is the first release of Media Center 19 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190046.dmg

CAUTION -- This is the first build of MC19 for Mac.  Please read what others say before downloading.  It may be less stable than MC18 for some time to come.  Back up your current MC library before installing.

19.0.46 (9/26/2013)

First build of MC19 for Mac.
1. Changed: Uses the Boost library for regular expressions which is more powerful than the previously used Posix library.

18.0.219 (9/26/2013)

1. Fixed: Radio buttons were not working.
2. Fixed: Locate > On Disk (external) was not working.
3. Fixed: If Media Center's window position got placed off the top of the screen, it could not be moved back into position.  Now a bad position is fixed at start-up time.

18.0.218 (9/11/2013)

1. Fixed: Files view in tree would not show any files when a folder name in the path contained a bracket character '[]'.
2. Fixed: Mute for system volume was not working.
3. NEW: Next/Previous keyboard media keys are now working.  When held down, they fire FastForward/Rewind events.
4. Fixed: Horizontal scroll direction was the opposite of the Mac 'Natural' scroll direction.
5. Changed: Web links bar is now available (Amazon, AMG, Wiki, etc.).
6. Fixed: Media Center was trying (and failing) to update at program startup. The startup check has been removed.

18.0.217 (9/9/2013)

1. Changed: When media files stored on network drives cannot be found (drive not mounted), files are no longer removed from library - just marked as unavailable.
2. Fixed: Thumbnail drawing could cause crashes on some Macs running 10.6.8 OSX (and maybe others?).
3. Changed: Re-enabled skin effects dialog since MMX functions have been rewritten to utilize SSE instructions.
4. Fixed: In Panes view, file path locations were not working as a panes category for browsing.

18.0.216 (9/5/2013)

1. Fixed: Automatic library backups were not taking place.
2. Fixed: Audio input configuration under: "Tools / Options / Audio / Advanced / Configure input plugin..."  was not working at all.
3. Fixed: System volume control was still not working with some USB DAC's (didn't make it into the last build).
4. Fixed: In Media Network options, Web Gizmo appearance option wasn't working.
5. Changed: Several options were being shown even though they didn't apply to the Mac version.

18.0.215 (8/29/2013)

1. Fixed: 'Tools' main menu option was not honoring the current file selection (would show 'No files selected').
2. Fixed: Cmd-Q now quits the application.
3. Fixed: On OSX 10.6, the Help menu was not working.
4. Fixed: Close & minimize buttons were located incorrectly in mini-view mode.
5. Fixed: System volume was not properly controlling the volume on some USB connected DAC's (i.e. Dragonfly).

18.0.214 (8/27/2013)

1. NEW: Moved application menu to the normal 'Mac' location at the top of the screen.  Still some skinning and positioning work to be done.

18.0.213 (8/21/2013)

1. Fixed: Right clicking in playback display window and choosing "Tag" would cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Filepath() was not functioning properly with user-supplied paths (e.g. filepath(//Users/johnt//foo.mp3)).
3. Fixed: Cover art in Action Window could not be copied to/from the clipboard.
4. Fixed: The "Export playlist" option to use relative paths was not working.
5. Fixed: Apparent z-order problem with auto-import results dialog: it would be invisible and cause the app to look hung.

18.0.212 (8/19/2013)

1. Changed: Improved skin looks more "Mac like".
2. Changed: Sharper text font drawing.
3. Fixed: Custom column sorting window would show up empty.
4. Fixed: MC could fail to load ID3 tag data in AIFF and WAVE files.
5. Fixed: Importing of mp4 files that had a copyright atom could cause MC to crash.

18.0.211 (7/24/2013)

1. Fixed: Semi-colon in path names could cause import to not work.
2. NEW: Audio files can be played from Finder.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
4. Fixed: DLNA bug where SetNextAVTransportURI gets called at least once even when disabled.
5. Fixed: DLNA polling interval bug, reduce chatter.
6. Changed: DLNA handle bug from some renderers which mis-spell NOT_IMPLEMENTED!
7. Changed: Dutch language translation updated (thanks bennyd).

18.0.207 (7/3/2013)

1. Fixed: Mouse scroll wheel wasn't working on OSX 10.6 systems.
2. Fixed: On OSX 10.6 systems, it would appear to hang when trying to quit the program.
3. Fixed: Downloading files larger than 2GB could fail.
4. Changed: Tuned how the time remaining is reported in the Action Window during downloads (to work better with large downloads and to be more concise).
5. Fixed: Album and artist fields in "Podcast tag and file renaming rules" now work as expected.
6. Fixed: Ogg Vorbis now fills its compression field with "Ogg Vorbis".
7. Fixed: When converting some FLAC files to ogg, it will no longer tag as "ogv"

18.0.206 (6/28/2013)

1. Fixed: Bold and Italic modes chosen in font picking dialog did not get used.
2. Fixed: Font picking dialog did not initialize to the current font settings.
3. Fixed: Text was unreadable in disabled text edit fields.
4. Fixed: Once Cover View was selected, the top line of the display with the 'leave cover view' button was inaccessible so you couldn't exit cover view.

18.0.202 (6/24/2013)

1. Fixed: Some ALAC files (e.g. those produced by 'Sound Studio 3') were not playable because of a strange looking 'alac' mp4 atom.  We now ignore the strange data.
2. Fixed: Media Center was not honoring the typeface chosen in the font picking dialog.

18.0.201 (6/21/2013)

1. Fixed: Trackpad scrolling did not support the fine scrolling mode, so it was difficult to scroll to a particular item in a list.
2. Fixed: Web page titles on tabs were showing extraneous text.
3. NEW: Support for choosing text fonts using the Options dialog 'Select font...' item under Tree & View.
4. Fixed: Tag saving to APE files was not working (Mac only).
5. Changed: Switched the default audio buffering method to 'Hardware default' to work better with devices that don't properly support hardware buffer size changes (configurable in Options > Audio > Output mode settings...).
6. Fixed: Typing into the Search box could cause crashes when a MC Windows library had been transferred to Mac and it contained long field values (e.g. Lyrics field).
7. Changed: When a file has no Replay Gain, a Replay Gain of -10dB will be used if no other files in Playing Now are analyzed (otherwise the average of analyzed files is used).
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 19.0.46 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 03:01:44 pm »

@JohnT - If you're not planning on releasing 18.0.219, I'll post its change log entry as Unreleased on the MC 18 Mac release notes page.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JohnT

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 03:07:53 pm »

@JohnT - If you're not planning on releasing 18.0.219, I'll post its change log entry as Unreleased on the MC 18 Mac release notes page.
Actually, I'm putting it up shortly, thanks!

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 03:14:55 pm »

Works like a charm.  :)

Only preliminary testing but got it downloaded, installed, and configured.

Audio appears to work fine. Only preliminary testing.

Currently it's analyzing the audio. I'll do more testing later after it's finished.

EDIT: BTW, it was up there for 4 minutes before I noticed it was posted. Next time I'll try not to be more alert.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 03:24:13 pm »

Installed 19 and there is no audio files, i.e. looks like I lost everything.  What am I doing wrong???

Dave
There is a separate library for MC18 & 19. Normally MC will automatically import media when it's installed. I stopped this process and configured auto-import the way I wanted it and then ran auto import which builds the library.

freddie40

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 03:37:25 pm »

There is a separate library for MC18 & 19. Normally MC will automatically import media when it's installed. I stopped this process and configured auto-import the way I wanted it and then ran auto import which builds the library.

Solved the problem by choosing the Main Library under File/Library.  Once I did that everything was groovy :) :) :)
Now off to listen :)

Dave
Crystal Clear Music Tweaked Mac Mini  /  Mountain Lion -> JRiver -> Ayre QB9 -> Bryston BP26DA -> Bryston 4BSST2 -> B&W 802Di | Transparent interconnects & Wire |  Crystal Clear Music Power Cords

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 07:58:20 pm »

Ok - I think I may have an issue here with one new feature - Real-time DSD output. I have configured my system as specified (attached screenshot), I have a DAC that can play DSD64 and DSD128. With JRiver 18 I can play back DSD files fine. With JRiver 19 I can playback DSD files fine. However when I configure JRiver to output all files as DSD, I find ( any I have only tried with 16/44.1 redbook files) that the sound is wrong, muffled, garbled....same files playback fine if I turn off the option for Output encoding to output files in DSD in DOP format.

Anyway else try this yet?

So summary with configuration same as v18 - everything works fine - Redbook, Hi res, DSF files.

With v19 - if I choose to enable the Output encoding to DSD in DOP - Redbook files sound very very bad in quality.

If I am doing something wrong, please let me know.

BTW my DAC does show it is receiving DSD when I set the output encoding to DSD in DOP.

And here is my Benchmark score for a Mac Mini with a SSD drive, CPU 2.6 Ghz Intel Core i7, and 16 GIG memory. 2012 model.

=== Running Benchmarks (please do not interrupt) ===

Running 'Math' benchmark...
    Single-threaded integer math... 3.799 seconds
    Single-threaded floating point math... 2.531 seconds
    Multi-threaded integer math... 1.035 seconds
    Multi-threaded mixed math... 0.736 seconds
Score: 2345

Running 'Image' benchmark...
    Image creation / destruction... 0.952 seconds
    Flood filling... 0.695 seconds
    Direct copying... 0.749 seconds
    Small renders... 1.329 seconds
    Bilinear rendering... 0.994 seconds
    Bicubic rendering... 0.497 seconds
Score: 4218

Running 'Database' benchmark...
    Create database... 1.964 seconds
    Populate database... 1.610 seconds
    Save database... 0.167 seconds
    Reload database... 0.062 seconds
    Search database... 1.121 seconds
    Sort database... 0.943 seconds
    Group database... 0.793 seconds
Score: 3228

JRMark (version 19.0.46): 3264
Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

freddie40

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 10:16:43 pm »

Put 18 on a friend's mac a month ago and he didn't really like it.  Tried to put 19 on it today and the license is expired.  When I tried to extend the license the program accepts it then crashes.  There is no way I can get it to work.  No worky, no income for JRiver.  Could you please fix this :)

Dave
Crystal Clear Music Tweaked Mac Mini  /  Mountain Lion -> JRiver -> Ayre QB9 -> Bryston BP26DA -> Bryston 4BSST2 -> B&W 802Di | Transparent interconnects & Wire |  Crystal Clear Music Power Cords

rinoatomy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 06:07:26 am »

do I have to analyze audio on 19 if I already have on 18???

JohnT

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 07:58:14 am »

do I have to analyze audio on 19 if I already have on 18???
Edit: No, they're stored in the file tags.  Actually, you will need to re-analyze to make use of the new analysis features in version 19: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82025.0

JohnT

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 07:59:07 am »

Put 18 on a friend's mac a month ago and he didn't really like it.  Tried to put 19 on it today and the license is expired.  When I tried to extend the license the program accepts it then crashes.  There is no way I can get it to work.  No worky, no income for JRiver.  Could you please fix this :)

Dave
I sent you an email.

MrC

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 11:03:25 am »

There are problems with multiple menus.  A second click on a menu bar heading should dismiss the menu just opened but does not (and of course, so should leaving the hit area of the menu).  So multiple menus can remain open, even over dialog boxes that appear.  See attached.

rinoatomy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2013, 11:10:44 am »

Next build of MC19:
NEW: Added DR dynamic range analysis to the audio analyzer.

Does it apply for the mac version as well?

MrC

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2013, 11:12:02 am »

Next build of MC19:
NEW: Added DR dynamic range analysis to the audio analyzer.

Does it apply for the mac version as well?

Yes, see New Features.

MrC

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2013, 11:45:50 am »

Launched MC19 Mac, selected Audio, got the spinning beach ball with the "Please wait.  Loading page..." message that never returned.  Happens every time, until there are albums in the library.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2013, 03:29:09 pm »

Ok - I think I may have an issue here with one new feature - Real-time DSD output. I have configured my system as specified (attached screenshot), I have a DAC that can play DSD64 and DSD128. With JRiver 18 I can play back DSD files fine. With JRiver 19 I can playback DSD files fine. However when I configure JRiver to output all files as DSD, I find ( any I have only tried with 16/44.1 redbook files) that the sound is wrong, muffled, garbled....same files playback fine if I turn off the option for Output encoding to output files in DSD in DOP format.

Please try next build.  It should work much better.  The improvements will help the stability of all audio playback, so it was a good find.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up