INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Running two versions on one machine  (Read 1658 times)

ciamara

• Recent member
Running two versions on one machine
« on: September 27, 2013, 06:05:36 pm »

Two quick questions.  First, can we run both v18 and v19 on the same machine?  When we are doing demos for clients, we prefer a more stable version.  When we are doing our own testing, we'll use v19.    Second, is there an easy way to port all the settings (output device, DLNA, playlists etc.) from v18 to v19?  Thank you!  (Even though I complain, this is still BY FAR the best app out there.)

Oh yes ... minor feature request.  In J Remote for the iPad, when browsing playlists, the only option is to see all songs.  Is there a way to group by album?  We use smart playlists to filter for certain parameters (e.g. 24bit files etc.).  These lists are big -- 500+ albums.  So it would be nice to be able to view the innards of a playlist the way we browse the main library.

Thanks!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Running two versions on one machine
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 06:09:57 pm »

Two quick questions.  First, can we run both v18 and v19 on the same machine?  When we are doing demos for clients, we prefer a more stable version.  When we are doing our own testing, we'll use v19.    Second, is there an easy way to port all the settings (output device, DLNA, playlists etc.) from v18 to v19?  Thank you!  (Even though I complain, this is still BY FAR the best app out there.)

Oh yes ... minor feature request.  In J Remote for the iPad, when browsing playlists, the only option is to see all songs.  Is there a way to group by album?  We use smart playlists to filter for certain parameters (e.g. 24bit files etc.).  These lists are big -- 500+ albums.  So it would be nice to be able to view the innards of a playlist the way we browse the main library.

Thanks!

These build threads are for bug posts for the build.   I'm sure your thread and my response will be moved into a new thread.

See:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83925.0

The best you can do is Backup your MC library, and then Restore that library from within MC19.

For JRemote, create a view that includes your playlists, and then you can customizes that view to show files they way you want.   I'll find a reference and will update this post.

Edit:

Here's the idea, but instead of under Tools > Options > Theater View, you customize under Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customize views for Gizmo & WebGizmo.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76011.0
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

ciamara

• Recent member
Re: Running two versions on one machine
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 06:27:28 am »

Thank you very much for this!  I was wondering where my post went.  Sorry ... I'll get the hang of this forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up