INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to refresh (import now) from within Theater View  (Read 1617 times)

ajowers

• World Citizen
How to refresh (import now) from within Theater View
« on: September 30, 2013, 03:30:37 pm »

Hi,

Suppose I copy out some new media files to my network server and a shared folder (which is also a Media Center 18 PC).  Assuming this folder is configured for autoimport.  Sometimes I find that I need to use my remote and choose "reboot" so that when it comes back up it launchs MC18 and does an import.

Is there an easier way that I can use my remote to click an option to tell it to "import now" and refresh the view screen ?

Thanks,
Anthony

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
Re: How to refresh (import now) from within Theater View
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 04:13:48 pm »

I have been researching this myself today, almost anything can be achieved via the Command Line or Core Commands

You simply need to add the following command to Theater View

ajowers

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 05:10:10 pm »

Thanks. I assume MC19 will be replaced with MC18 on my system since I have not yet upgraded to 19 ?

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 05:16:13 pm »

Yes, when you add a new command in MC18 it should automatically fill that line with the relevant version to start with.

I feel I should add after catching your question again that this will only sync changes between the client/server and will not import new material however, there are some options in the Core Commands to run an import.

MCC_IMPORT_AUTO_RUN_NOW (23020) Could be what you need?
Pages: [1]   Go Up