INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade questions and observations  (Read 1054 times)

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
Upgrade questions and observations
« on: October 04, 2013, 03:00:21 pm »

I upgraded to 18/19 a couple of months ago from 16.  I am still running XP but when I have time to load 7 I will.  Granted that my PC is in need of being upgraded.  It has not been high on my priority list as I have not had any problems with it.  As they say, if it works don't fix it.  All my audio and video files are located in a UN-raid server.  

Problems that I have noticed when importing all the files and not converting my library.  (I do this each time I upgrade.)  I have about 60,000 audio files and 7,000 video files.

1.  Importing was very slow.  It took several days to import the audio files.  (I import by genre)  I don't know if there is something running in the background in MC 19 if so how do I turn it off?

2.  In the pane window for artist - All the artists are not listed.  Only about half.  What can I do to correct this.  I haven't checked the other panes yet as you can imagine, it is very time consuming.

3.  I had to attach about 40% of the cover art manually.  This took several weeks to accomplish working at it when I had some time.

4.  While it imported the files there was a notice that some files could not be imported.  I could not find a listing of those files so I could investigate if I had some problems unrelated to MC19.  I would like to know if there is a method to produce a printable list of my audio files that were not imported.

5.  Importing video was worse than the audio.  It took over a week.

6.  I have had to Look up every movie again and download cover art and description.  One problem I have, is that I have spent a significant amount of time setting up movie genre and series information.  When I down load movie info it changes it to a list for genre and changes the series info.  How can I prevent these two or other specific fields from being changed?

If I can get these issues resolved it would be helpful.  As far as speed of import, that is for your information and when you have the opportunity to look at it that would be great.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Upgrade questions and observations
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 03:12:18 pm »

Are you using 19.0.50?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84113.0

Cover art may just be a directory setting in options.

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
Re: Upgrade questions and observations
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 07:36:44 am »

Jim:

I use Flac files and I store my cover art in the same directory as the album.  I prefer to attach the cover art manually so the jpeg is renamed to artist and album.  I am running 18.0.212.  I am upgrading now
Pages: [1]   Go Up