INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has Anyone Successfully installed MC 19 on a rolling Linux Distro?  (Read 2072 times)

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

Was wondering if anyone has successfully installed MC19 on any of the rolling Linux Distros. And if so, which ones?

I cannot get any of the versions to install in Linux Mint Debian Edition (mate). LMDE is a rolling distro which I prefer and am learning as I am moving from Windows XP to Linux. It is friendly for Windows XP users. The Media Jukebox 8 was one of the only 2 programs which I could not completely move to Linux. I was able to make my other program work using Crossover Linux. I'm hoping for a new version of MC 19 which will run on LMDE, but can partition part of my HDD to accommodate another OS, if it is a rolling one.
Thanks,
tlcmd (aka Dick)

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Has Anyone Successfully installed MC 19 on a rolling Linux Distro?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 11:38:56 pm »

I guess in a sense (bleeding edge, that is), openSUSE Factory is rolling and I have it running with the 3.12RC4 kernel there.

Quite easy to do on Suse, just had to install libcurl-32....
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

UdoS

• World Citizen
  • User
Re: Has Anyone Successfully installed MC 19 on a rolling Linux Distro?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 07:45:40 am »

I'm running openSuse 12.3 and like Mike I had to install the library.

It is really simple, just extract the debian file into a given directory and create one link into /bin that points to the "mediacenter"-binary  and an other link in /usr/lib/ that points to the jriver directory. It look something like this:

/usr/lib/jriver    ---->   /home/udo/bin/MediaCenter/usr/lib/jriver

If you get a new version, simply delete the "MediaCenter" directory and replace it by the new one, rename it to Mediacenter that should be it.

Udo  

Udo
Pages: [1]   Go Up