INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inconsistent behavior when editing tags...  (Read 1788 times)

kennyb123

Inconsistent behavior when editing tags...
« on: October 16, 2013, 03:38:07 pm »

There are times when I am unable to edit tags in the tagging window.  For example, I may want to change the name of an album.  I will click in the album field in the tagging window and start to type - but the only thing that happens is I hear the thunk sound; no text changes as if the information is read-only.  But there are other times, when that same behavior allows me to actually edit the tag.  Often when I encounter the inability to make edits, I will I click on something else and then go back and try again.  This works most of the time, but not always. 

I don't recall the Windows version every doing this to me.  Editing tags was a breeze in the Windows version.  Editing tags in the Mac version can be a terribly frustrating experience due to the unpredictable behavior of the text boxes.  [Combo boxes can behave this way too.  Sometimes I can easily change genre, other times I just get a thunk sounds.]

Is this a bug?  This has been a issue since I first started using the Mac version, so I'm wondering if it's by design.  Is there some special trick I need to perform to ensure that I can edit tags when I click into a text box?

Ian M

• Recent member
Re: Inconsistent behavior when editing tags...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 09:23:11 am »

There are times when I am unable to edit tags in the tagging window.  For example, I may want to change the name of an album.  I will click in the album field in the tagging window and start to type - but the only thing that happens is I hear the thunk sound; no text changes as if the information is read-only.  But there are other times, when that same behavior allows me to actually edit the tag.  Often when I encounter the inability to make edits, I will I click on something else and then go back and try again.  This works most of the time, but not always. 

I don't recall the Windows version every doing this to me.  Editing tags was a breeze in the Windows version.  Editing tags in the Mac version can be a terribly frustrating experience due to the unpredictable behavior of the text boxes.  [Combo boxes can behave this way too.  Sometimes I can easily change genre, other times I just get a thunk sounds.]

Is this a bug?  This has been a issue since I first started using the Mac version, so I'm wondering if it's by design.  Is there some special trick I need to perform to ensure that I can edit tags when I click into a text box?

Same for me!

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 08:31:07 am »

I can reproduce this on my system, so this should get fixed soon.  Thanks for the report.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

kennyb123

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 12:40:40 pm »

thanks John!
Pages: [1]   Go Up