INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Install issue with 19.0.55  (Read 16705 times)

flyfishman

• Recent member
Install issue with 19.0.55
« on: October 20, 2013, 04:26:47 pm »

When I down loaded MC 19.00.55 I get a file called MediaCenter190055.dmg in my downloads folder. If I click it Media Center comes up. Why doesn't it show up in my Applications folder or my desktop dock?
Mac Mini OS 10.6.8 1 Gb memory 500Gb drive -> Audioquest Carbon USB > Peachtree DAC IT and Musical Surroundings My DAC II -> amp.

VPI Scout II with Dynavector 20X2L -> Musical Surroundings NovaPhonomema -> Amp.

Stereomour 2A3 SET tube amp (3.5 watts) -> Lowther DX-4 drivers in Lowther Medallion cabinets with built in 12" Rythmic subs.

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
  • "Science is not a democracy"-Earl Geddes, Ph.D.
Re: Install issue with 19.0.55
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 05:36:40 pm »

55 is an old version.  Download 57 here  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84472.0
W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

flyfishman

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 06:50:33 pm »

55 is an old version.  Download 57 here  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84472.0

I loaded 57 and get the same thing. I purchased the software and really like it. Just need to tidy up the installation.
Mac Mini OS 10.6.8 1 Gb memory 500Gb drive -> Audioquest Carbon USB > Peachtree DAC IT and Musical Surroundings My DAC II -> amp.

VPI Scout II with Dynavector 20X2L -> Musical Surroundings NovaPhonomema -> Amp.

Stereomour 2A3 SET tube amp (3.5 watts) -> Lowther DX-4 drivers in Lowther Medallion cabinets with built in 12" Rythmic subs.

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
  • "Science is not a democracy"-Earl Geddes, Ph.D.
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 06:55:30 pm »

I loaded 57 and get the same thing. I purchased the software and really like it. Just need to tidy up the installation.
I guess I just don't under stand the issue.  Download.  Then click on the download.  Install it then drag the "JRiver" icon to the desktop and open it.  That's it!  You can move the JRiver Icon to the dock if you choose but I just leave it on my desktop. 

When an upgrade comes out, it take me 20 seconds to install it and run it. 

I also delete the icon from my desktop before I drag the new one to the desktop. 
W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

flyfishman

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 07:32:04 pm »

I guess I just don't under stand the issue.  Download.  Then click on the download.  Install it then drag the "JRiver" icon to the desktop and open it.  That's it!  You can move the JRiver Icon to the dock if you choose but I just leave it on my desktop. 

When an upgrade comes out, it take me 20 seconds to install it and run it. 

I also delete the icon from my desktop before I drag the new one to the desktop. 

I had tried to drag and drop the icon on the dock and on the applications folder, but it wouldn't work. After flailing around for a bit I seemed to have managed to get the icon on the desk top. Thanks for your help and patience.

Pages: [1]   Go Up