INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to change width of panes individually?  (Read 1490 times)

crisnee

• World Citizen
How to change width of panes individually?
« on: October 29, 2013, 01:59:09 am »

I have a number of panes at the top of my main classical audio view page. I'd like to make some very narrow and others rather wide; kind of the way one  changes column width. Is there a way to do this? It seems there should be but I can't seem to find how to do it.

-Chris

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to change width of panes individually?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 03:08:13 am »

There is no way to do that. The program takes care of pane widths automatically.

crisnee

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 11:52:09 pm »

There is no way to do that. The program takes care of pane widths automatically.

Yes, I realize it does it automatically, but for many other things in MC there's a manual override. I don't like MC's automatic choices at all and find it strange that such an essential element of MC doesn't include that very basic manual formatting option.

-Chris

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 01:21:59 am »

That's just the way it is I'm afraid. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

crisnee

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 02:37:38 am »

No problem and thanks for responding. I was just hoping I'd missed a semi hidden option or some kind of work around.

-Chris

crisnee

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 02:53:56 am »

Actually, maybe you (or someone) could help me with a way around my issue. One way to make the problem less of a problem is for me to be able to use less panes.

My first pane is "groupings." In it I list five groups of what I'll call super genres (classical, jazz etc.). If I could start my view each time with it fixed to just classical audio files for example, I'd be able to eliminate the pane.

In other words is there a way for me to restrict a view to a certain group of audio files without my using a "group" pane and having to choose that group first each time I open the view.

Chris

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 03:40:14 am »

Absolutely. That stuff is MC's bread and butter. There's an indepth look at view customisation here (v17) and here (v13) that might be some use to you. Although old, much of v13 and all of v17 is still current today.

What you are looking for is the "Set rules for file display" area of the customise view tool. Here, you can set search rules to restrict the files shown in the view based on tags or file location.

It doesn't need to be complex... [groupings]="classical" entered here would restrict the view to just those files tagged with classical in the grouping tag...
It would then probably be better to rename the view so that it's better identified in the tree. Once you're happy, you could drag the view, drop it on "Audio" and choose the copy option you see when you drop, rename the copied view in the tree, and alter the search to one of the other five groupings.

Shout if you need more.

-marko.

crisnee

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 08:17:53 pm »

Thanks so much marko. I think I get it, but if I do need more help I will shout.

-Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up