INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound cards for pre-amp/switch replication  (Read 1326 times)

Cazten

Sound cards for pre-amp/switch replication
« on: November 05, 2013, 03:43:58 pm »

So I'm looking to make my htpc a audio reciever basically. The htpc is my main source for music and movies. But I like running everything through jriver for audio protection, filter possibilities, and I'll be running room correction software so I want everything to use the htpc for audio.

I know it can do wasapi loop back which I've tested working.

What I interested in is asio line in for separate sources. I basically just want a couple optical ins and a couple stereo line ins. Basically be able to hooku p my amfm tuner stereo, and also expand ability for a cable box or two down the line via spdif, likely optical.

I know I need 2 card. So my question for you all is what seems to be the most cost efficient cards on the market with this ability.

I need 1 card that will do good quality 7.1 analog out to the amp. And another card that will have stero in, and a couple spdif in ( and sense jriver won't do it from an input I need A card that can decode the ac3 in hardware for the inputs).

What would you recommend to fit the bill? The optical in with ac3 decoding and asio support seems to be the real tricky part to find so far.
Pages: [1]   Go Up