INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 8.0.218 Beta Available...  (Read 4310 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
MJ 8.0.218 Beta Available...
« on: March 04, 2002, 01:16:37 pm »

Media Jukebox 8.0.218 beta is available:

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox8.exe

Please backup your library and your license.

(note: you can use "Help->Check for Updates" if you've installed a previous beta of 8.0 to reduce the download size)

History:
1. Fixed: Buttons in burn dialog weren't visible on 640x480 resolution displays.
2. NEW: Added "Ignore ID3v2 tags" during analysis option to MP3 plugin.
3. Fixed: asx playlists would not stop trying after 5 failures.
4. Fixed: Stream lined error handling from input plug-ins.
5. Fixed: Download Manager would not save "Play Downloaded" state.
6. Fixed: Track Info dialog would not always paint properly.
7. Fixed: Clicking on the visualization display would not set the focus to Media Jukebox.
8. Changed: Removed "Always on Top" option from Visualization Studio.
9. Fixed: Update Library could crash when removing files from the database that were currently visible.
10. Fixed: It was hard to get to bottom scroll bar in Track Info with the toolbar set to autohide.
11. Fixed: MJ would not adjust size of display plug-in to compensate for bar hiding.
12. Fixed: In the InfoDisplay, if playback is stopped, TOTAL_TIME would show 0:00, not the length of the track.
13. Fixed: Copy/Move Disk file did not work for files located on CD disk.
14. Fixed: Locate File->On Disk did not work for files located on CD disk.
15. Fixed: Trying to burn files located on one CD disk to another would return error "File not found".
16. Fixed: Toggling "Enable ScrollBars" menu item in Track Info plug-in would change track info page to "DJ" theme
17. Fixed: After explorer crash MJ Sys Tray icon would not be restored.
18. Fixed: Double cliking on album in Media Library would crash MJ.
19. Fixed: Converter tool did not work for files located on CD disk.
20. Fixed: Media Editor & CD Labeler would not work for files located on CD disk.
21. Fixed: Metamorphis now displayes 44.1 for SAMPLE_RATE keyword.
22. Fixed: MJ would not write tag information to Ogg files.
23. Changed: Changed search escape character to '/' from '\'.
24. Fixed: Browsing by location in Media Library would show false hits.

Smiler

RE:MJ 8.0.218 Beta Available...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2002, 02:58:56 pm »

Hi Nikolay,
I noticed that MJ 8.216 would not download the update with Ctrl|PLS|J. 8.218 wont connect with the server either. Unfortunately that 3meg extra is alot for me as my dial up is typically 31.2Kbits/sec. I think the browser is not working right when I click on artist info I get actioned cancelled. CDDB fails also socket open failed (82fa000a).
Otherwise MJ8 rocks I have had a few days off from work and am loading my new 80gig with as of this moment 1307 songs 91 albums over 191 artists and I am hardly a quarter of the way yet.
Media Jukebox  8.0.218

CPU: Intel Unknown 996 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 350 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: N/A

Nikolay

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2002, 03:04:17 pm »

Smiler,

Do you have a firewall?

You have tried all three ways you can connect:
1. Check for updates - uses our own Http implementation
2. CDDB - uses Gracenotes own http implementation
3. Artist Info - uses Microsoft http implementation

Can you connect to the Interact from the same computer?

Nikolay

Smiler

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2002, 03:43:14 pm »

Hi Nikolay.
Yes I could see interact and internet surfing was fine MJ8.216 was working fine with all these options B4 I upgraded.
I had tried all options. I am now back with MJ8.216 and it is working fine again. It is late now I will try MJ8.218
tomorrow.
The quick reply is very much appreciated.
I will report back later.
Smiler

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2002, 04:36:52 pm »

my dial up is typically 31.2Kbits/sec

Jeez. Try 5.2 Kb/s.
That's right.
I'm cool.

ZRocker

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2002, 05:14:00 pm »

2. NEW: Added "Ignore ID3v2 tags" during analysis option to MP3 plugin.

OK...I'll ask, what analysis?  (please clarify)

Venner

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2002, 05:31:29 pm »

Thanks for adding Ogg tagging back!
An issue still remaining with that though...is Media Jukebox chopping off
everything after a foreign character (ie, accented) or is that the Ogg encoder itself?
Either way, annoying...

ZRocker

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2002, 06:48:45 pm »

Bug (I think):

1. When using buttons on a non-Main window in a Metamorphis skin, if mini-Me does not have the application focus and you click on one of the non-Main window buttons, the button press has no effect (just brings mini-Me active).  So, you have to press the button again.  MJ acts like it is all fine by giving the user feedback (through button animation)...but nothing happens on that first press.  Maybe, I'm missing something...if so, please correct me and tell me what I'm doing wrong.  If the buttons are on the Main window, the button presses register fine no matter whether mini-Me has the current application focus or not (w/Always on Top...of course).

Bugs:
1. When using some/all of the MJ-supplied Metamorphis skins (I tried Quibsm and Rotar), if you press the Stop button MJ fades out the currently playing track and locks-up (ie, stops responding).  At this point you have to kill MJ using the Task Manager.

2. Changing a button's State (Metamorphis skin) property does nothing.  It should change the button's graphic on the screen.  Doesn't work in MJ-supplied skins or user-written skins.  This bug may be what is causing MJ to lockup in #1 (above) because some skins want to disable corresponding buttons if playback stops (by changing a button's State).

Update
3. The ShowWindowBehind method does not work...jscripting error 'Object does not support this property or method.'.  Was this method removed and the documentation is wrong?

Update
Ref 3:  Oops, Metamorphis documentation is wrong...method is actually called SetWindowBehind (not ShowWindowBehind).

ZRocker

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2002, 07:26:22 pm »

Observation (4th try for a JRiver response...I know, I'm not being ignored)
When you have MP3 ID3v2 tagging turned off completely, can't MJ know this when doing a Properties on a file or files and not perform the exhaustive search of all the selected files? I mean, if I don't want to support ID3v2 tags at all in MJ, why search for something I don't have or support in hopes that you'll find something (which MJ won't). Seems like in this scenerio, MJ could come up quickly because every field I want supported is in MJ's own database. Am I missing something here or what?

dragyn

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2002, 07:31:56 pm »

That already works Z. (at least on mine)

dragyn

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2002, 07:43:08 pm »

Turning off id3v2 tag support when importing doesn't reset the ratings, custom fields, etc when turning back on. Cover art works. I suppose this will be an unfixable.

Doing an update (all files) in library manager does not get these tags (above problem). You have to do a clean reimport of all files in order to see them.

ZRocker

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2002, 08:09:42 pm »

So, Dragyn...how's it work?  If you have, say, 1000 files selected and you have ID3v2 tag support disabled in MJ, it only takes a split second to show the File Properites dialog (for those 1000 files)?  If so, exactly what settings are you using on the MP3 Input plug-in (related to ID3v2 tag support)?

I have every ID3v2 setting disabled and I get to watch MJ count from 1 to 1000 looking (scanning) at all the files to be edited (usually about 20|PLS| seconds...kind of silly).

Update

Dragyn: I think what it's doing is organizing the tag information and loading it up like the , playlists, etc..maybe Replay Gain too cause when you open that up, all the info is there already.

That's my point...MJ should be able to display the File Properties dialog as fast as it can display the Media Library node (MJ has everything it needs already...no harddisk searching is needed).

dragyn

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2002, 09:02:29 pm »

Well when you ignore the id3v2 tags, it's faster to open the files than it would be when it's off. I think you may have to restart MJ when changing the setting to notice the speed dif. I just tried it a couple times on and off.

I think what it's doing is organizing the tag information and loading it up like the , playlists, etc..maybe Replay Gain too cause when you open that up, all the info is there already.

I did 657 files. 24secs off, 35secs on. I hear HD reading when on and hardly anything when off.

----

LastPlayed= is still wacked.
Copy/Paste Images still blank.
Window Mode/Maximize..I think it should maximize the window like other programs, not full screen. If I want full screen, I would do full screen!
Can we get a View/Window Mode to the file menu? Only way to access it is through the display view.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2002, 09:36:58 pm »

When clicking with the right mouse button on the visualisations region and the toolbar is still displayed , the menu dissapears when the toolbar tries to dissapears after a few seconds.
Is the case with Visualisations, Arsenolite & Trackinfo
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

dragyn

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2002, 10:33:35 pm »

Visualization Bug

RhinoBanga

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2002, 10:58:17 pm »

OutputDebugStrings left in visualization code.

I have a debugger running that captures ODS.

When using MJ with the visualization plugin enabled frequently I see the message "Transform map building time: 60" appear in my debug window.   When I switch to Track Info plugin the output stop appearing.

As you can imagine this is rather offputing when I am debugging my own apps Next Page

Rhino.

Smiler

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2002, 12:28:12 am »

Hi Nikolay,
I have reloaded the MJ8.218 update this time it asked me to restart windows,unfortunately on my machine all the methods of connecting to the internet thru MJ are broken Next Page. I have XP's firewall on all the time There were no changes to the Laptop between MJ8.216 - MJ8.218. I bypassed MJ8.217. I am on interact now with the same computer and was last night.
Media Jukebox  8.0.218

CPU: Intel Unknown 996 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 366 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Cheers Smiler

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2002, 12:40:34 am »

When in mini mode, when a song switches from one to another (automatic, not manual with the mouse), the REMAINING_TIME is bigger
than the TOTAL_TIME and the REMAINING_TIME does not countdown, when going to MEGA MODE the time is on buffering.
When going to another song manually, it's fine

Rusty

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2002, 02:22:06 am »

When ever I rip a CD I find I'm loosing songs. One minute they are there & if you rip another CD, half of the first CD are gone. I'm doing it via Uncompressed Wave. I'm still having prob's with memory leakage too & have also had complete lock up's when trying to access "Properties" on a particular song. I'm also having trouble getting CDDB to work as well - it keeps timing out & I've tried upping the settings too!

Maybe it's bloody Windows 98 (been having lots of trouble there too) ... I'm about to wipe my hard drive & re-intall everything.  Would I be better using Windows 2000 or something else other than Windows 98???

Rusty.

BarryD99

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2002, 03:42:38 am »

Not finding cover art for compilation discs.  I appears that it is trying to match both album name and the artist from the first track.

ZRocker

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2002, 03:52:15 am »

Request (please):

Now that I'm playing with Metamorphis, it seems couple of 'basic' additions are needed:

1. Add a Track object so you can query (in script) the current playing track's properties (name, album, track#, bitrate, samplerate, channels, time, etc.).  I'd like to dynamically format some text based on some of the fields and suppress displaying info for fields undefined (ie, with no data...so, if Album is blank, you don't get '[]' for an INFODISPLAYS Entry defined as '[ALBUM]').

2. Add an event for when the current track changes.  This way, in script, you can dynamically control INFODISPLAYS Entries that display information about the current track (related to request #1 above).

Any chance these can be implemented in 8.0??

Nikolay

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2002, 05:07:13 am »

ZRocker,

Sure, you will be able to do that in next build.

Nikolay

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2002, 05:31:09 am »

in full screen mode, the auto-hide bars does not work & when turning off aut-hide, you have a double bar at the bottom of the screen.
It would be nice if the double bar contained the Artist - Name - Time

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2002, 05:36:16 am »

When turning off auto-hide bars, when going to media library and back to playing now, the visualisation is not re-aligned.
It only re-aligns when hovering with the mouse over the visualisation

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2002, 06:08:40 am »

Hey Dragyn,

Last played seems to work for me.  You know it's in minutes, right?

Can you give me any more details?

Thanks.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ZRocker

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2002, 11:02:55 am »

Bug:

1. EqOn and EqOff buttons do not work in Metamorphis skinning.  No skins supplied use these buttons.  The skins that do support EQ on/off define a button called EnableEQ, but those skins don't work either.  Can we get the EQ On/Off logic fixed and defined one-way (EqOff & EqOn or EnableEQ)? (please-o-please)

dragyn

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2002, 11:15:52 am »

>>You know it's in minutes, right?

Minutes?!?! WTF! When did this happen???
I always that it was in seconds. That explains a lot cause I had 3600 for my hour scheme. Next Page

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2002, 12:34:12 pm »

* Play a song. A few seconds in the song, use mouse to push the progress bar in player window to for instance 2 minutes
in the song.

What I now experience is that the song keeps playing - does not "speed forward" to the desired location.
the progress bar however keeps moving to the end, and the elapsed time also keeps on going from that 2 minute point,
resulting in the end that the remaining time keeps getting bigger than total time.

This was done in mega-me.

**MODIFIED** - I take that back. It is a input plugin thing I am sure. I dont see this with mp3's, only mpc's, and I am running a beta plugin

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2002, 12:45:28 pm »

While playing and in a track info template, every 30-60 seconds, the screen in track info blinks for a split second.

Can be provoked by moving the mouse across the screen.

I didnt observe this behaviour before.

Gatobrit

• Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2002, 01:04:13 pm »

Confirm Xstatic's track info refresh bug as reported. It appears to affect all of the different track info thingies (technical MJ term).

This was fine in 217.
Namaste,
John

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2002, 01:17:09 pm »

I think 218 still has bugs around file renaming (from the properties dialogs). It generally crashes MJ for me.

cjdshaw

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2002, 02:58:48 pm »

Playback still pops and squeaks if you're playing and analysing replay gain at the same time. This has been in every beta of MJ 8 I've used and has been pointed out many times.

Keyboard handling is a lot better, but still has some problems such as:
Pressing Return after editting fields like Genre in File Properties loses focus.
Selecting a track, pressing Alt-Return then Alt-T does nothing. Hotkeys don't work when focus is in the left pane of Filw Properties.
Selecting many files and pressing Alt-Return leaves keyboard focus in the main window with no way of reachine the File Properties box.
but these are fairly minor niggles. For day-to-day playback, keyboard (and keyboard mapped remote) support is very good. So much so that I don't use the Girder plugin any more. It has become pretty redundant. Good work guys.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2002, 04:34:36 pm »

Request : With the amount of time that I spend in this place, I was thinking that it would be very cool if we could have a toolbar button to Interact.

bennyd

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2002, 11:33:14 pm »

When enabling Private Music01 server and trying to connect from another PC at my house to the server, I get the following message in the log of Music01 server:

03/06/02 10:29:05 - received a connection
03/06/02 10:29:05 - ready for another connection
03/06/02 10:29:05 - private sharing thread started
03/06/02 10:29:05 - unknown header
03/06/02 10:29:05 - Connection header followed by unknown
03/06/02 10:29:05 - read_http_request failed: -1

So connection is not possible

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2002, 03:55:28 am »

"Memory Leak" crashes are still occurring. I'm beginning to wonder if this has something to do with my screensaver kicking off while MJ is running. This is getting really difficult to pinpoint. In a previous post I mentioned that it seemed to only happen when I was playing one particular playlist that contained only two APL files that were linked to the same APE. This was the case last night as well when it crashed.

ZRocker

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2002, 03:57:27 am »

New Metamorphis bugs:

1. If you change a Placeholder (Tracklist, Visualization) item's HEIGHT or WIDTH property, MJ does not dynamically update the Placeholder's size in the container window (it belongs too).  I really need this too work (for a new skin Dwex and I are working on).  I did not try changing a Placeholder's TOP and LEFT properties, but imagine it might be bugged as well.

2. If you have two or more Windows defined with Tracklist Placeholders in MAIN.XML and only have one of the Windows visible at a time, MJ does not handle this very well.  Only the last window defined in MAIN.XML will have a functional tracklist scrollbar...the other windows' thumbs will slide, but always snap back to the top and you can never scroll the tracklist contents.  I don't need this to work any time soon.

3. If you have two or more Windows defined with Visualization Placeholders in MAIN.XML and only have one of the Windows visible at a time, MJ does not handle this very well.  Only the first window defined in MAIN.XLM will have a functional visualization...the other windows just display black (when displayed).  I don't need this to work any time soon.

----
I was experimenting with having multiple Tracklist and Visualization windows (of differing sizes) in one skin and that's how I came across bugs #2 and #3 above.  Ultimately, I decided to abandon using multiple windows, but thought I'd report the bugs anyways.

ZRocker

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2002, 06:17:10 am »

More Metamorphis requests:

1. New events for when mini-Me gets the application focus and when it loses focus
2. Screen metrics info (properties) so we can set the initial skin position on 1st time use after skin installed...or is that available in JScript (probably is...).

dmclark

• Recent member
  • Developer/consultant
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2002, 07:03:47 am »

I'm running win2k sp 32, & i keep on havin complete system crashes (page fault erreors -- wdmaud.sys i think)

Application exception occurred:
       App:  (pid=1284)
       When: 3/6/2002 @ 08:52:50.207
       Exception number: 80000003 (hardcoded breakpoint)

*----> System Information <----*
       Computer Name: TB
       User Name: Administrator
       Number of Processors: 1
       Processor Type: x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 3
       Windows 2000 Version: 5.0
       Current Build: 2195
       Service Pack: 2
       Current Type: Uniprocessor Free
       Registered Organization:
       Registered Owner:
dc

dwex

• World Citizen
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2002, 08:29:33 am »

If a mini-me skin is on the lower and/or right-most part of the screen, and you resize your display down, the MJ skin is offscreen and not accessible. The skin should be automagically moved on-screen if a resize makes it invisible.

Actually, I'd really like to be able to define edge-affinity for the skin. ZRocker and I are working heavily on my LowerRight skin, and it would be very cool if there were a way to say "this skin should be in the lower right corner of the screen, period", and have it automagically readjust itself when the screen is resized. We could implement this ourselves in the script if the appropriate events existed...

--dwex

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2002, 09:32:29 am »

Along those same lines, what would the possibility be of somehow forcing a mini-me skin to always "dock" into the title bar of the active window?

ZRocker

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2002, 10:35:07 am »

...and how about a blinking effect on InfoDisplay text items?

...and ability to assign hot-keys to user-defined buttons in the skin?

cjdshaw

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2002, 11:26:22 am »

When auto-hide bars is on, it's very hard to navigate the pop-up menu because when the bars disappear, so does the menu.

Also, a feature I've been asking for for a long time has still not appeared, and I was really hoping it would make it into MJ8. Video aspect ration handling. Many video files do not use square pixels, especially anamorphic DVD rips. MJ should give you the option to stretch the image freely or stretch while preserving aspect ratio. You should also be able to set what aspect ratio you want to preserve. See http://www.cjdshaw.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/mj2.jpg to compare MJ with the Divx Playa. I've told the Playa to preserve a 2.35:1 aspect ratio and it's corrected for the squashed image, even in full screen mode. Playa is now the only media player I use other than MJ, and this is why. Please, please, please?
Pages: [1]   Go Up