INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SA Perfect Declipper 1.11  (Read 5091 times)

AndrewUK1990

SA Perfect Declipper 1.11
« on: November 24, 2013, 01:48:18 pm »

Just wondering if anyone uses this? I've been using the DSP plugin for a year or so now and its made a massive improvement to most of my music collection post 90's (when loudness started). It essentially doesn't make a difference to an album with good dynamics, but it does an amazingly good job of restoring dynamics on compressed albums. If you're not convinced, just listen to some of the audio samples on their website. Also wondered if there was any chance of something like this ever becoming an integrated feature of MC.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: SA Perfect Declipper 1.11
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 01:49:59 pm »

Link?  ::)

AndrewUK1990

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 02:05:49 pm »

Forgot to include it! Here it is anyway  :P

http://www.perfectdeclipper.com/

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 05:34:23 am »

While it can produce good results, I found that I had to spend too much time tuning it or toggling it on and off depending on what was playing.

I preferred to edit the tracks offline in iZotope RX using their declipper instead. (though the RX VST plugin can be useful for video with clipped audio)
But declipping only sort-of works. It can make a highly clipped track easier to listen to, but doesn't make them sound good and you can't really restore the dynamics that were lost due to the track being run through a compressor.

If it's an option, it's much better to seek out a higher quality track than declipping a bad one. Of course that's not always possible.
This is particularly annoying when you know that a good quality master exists, but it has not been released.

Just recently I encountered an album which has two different versions that I could find, but both are horribly compressed. The tracks from that album which appear on a Greatest Hits collection clearly come from a much higher quality source, which is not available to buy.

I suggested adding a declipper to Matt a while back and he seemed interested, but I don't know if anything ever happened with it. (I did not have any really good examples to send him at the time)
Pages: [1]   Go Up