INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No television tuner is available to fulfill your request...  (Read 9914 times)

mdx1

• World Citizen
No television tuner is available to fulfill your request...
« on: November 25, 2013, 10:59:51 am »

On my JR MC 18.0.212 system, the TV is broken.  No recording has been made since October.  When clicking on the watch button, a popup message box says, "No televesion tuner is available to fulfill your request.  Please make sure you have a device that is not in use.".  

If I click on TV Options..., it shows two tuners like it always has been.

BDA 2875 TV Tuner (digital)
Tuner for Windows Media Center (digital)

Both are set to ATSC.  The USB tuner is connected to a roof top antenna and has strong signal.

The system is an Intel i7-870 based with 16GB memory, running the Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit and latest fixes.

I am considering a upgrade to JR MC 19 but would like to figure out the solution to this problem first.

Is this a known problem?
Nelson

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: No television tuner is available to fulfill your request...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 11:35:14 am »

This is not a known problem.  Normally, the error occurs if MC can not find a tuner to tune to the channel requested.  

Double check:

"BDA 2875 TV Tuner (digital)" is configured to Tuner Type  "ATSC".
The channel you try to play is an ATSC channel.
"BDA 2875 TV Tuner (digital)" is not in error state.

"Tuner for Windows Media Center (digital)" is likely unusable inside MC and should be configured to "Disabled".
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

mdx1

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 01:52:25 pm »

Thank you for the reply.  This configuration has been working for years and all the sudden just died.

BDA 2875 TV Tuner (digital) is set to ATSC. The dialog says "TV Options - Zone 1".

Tuner for Windows Media Center (digital) has always been there when the USB TV tuner was installed.  The Windows MC has been disabled.  The Windows device manager only shows "ATSC UB435-Q V2".

Update
I disabled "Tuner for Windows Media Center (digital)", restarted JR MC and its service but the problem persists.
Nelson

mdx1

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 02:25:37 pm »

OK, I uninstalled ""ATSC UB435-Q V2" within the Windows Device Manager.  It prompted me to restart the computer.  I did.

Now JR MC shows a black TV window with the channel and programing information but no picture.  Eventually, the screen said, "No signal".

The cable connected to the USB TV tuner has signal.  I verified it with an HDTV.  Does this mean the USB TV tuner is dead?
Nelson

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 06:15:25 pm »

Does this mean the USB TV tuner is dead?

That is a possibility.  You can try reinstalling the driver. http://us.kworld-global.com/main/support_down.aspx?mnuid=1312&modid=21

mdx1

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 01:51:59 am »

Reinstalling seemed to have done the trick.  Now the live TV works.

The strangest thing is when I installed this USB tuner on a laptop (i3 based) and got no signal at all even after a complete channel scan.  I thought this tuner stick was for sure dead and ordered a replacement.  Then I put this back to my desktop PC and it came to life!  Very quickly I cancelled the order.  This little guy does run pretty hot when it is in use.
Nelson

mdx1

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 10:43:50 am »

No dice.  It died again.  I am not sure I want another KWorld USB TV Tuner stick again.

Would you recommend the SiliconDust HDHomeRun DUAL High Definition Digital TV Tuner HDHR3-US as the replacement?

Thank you!
Nelson

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 11:38:44 am »

my two cents - don't get another KWorld USB stick.  I had one fail also.  I had the same symptoms that you described and then it would work for a while and then fail.  I now have two SiliconDust tuners and they have working great. 

Alex

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 05:42:46 pm »

I also get this problem intermitently - as if either JRMS (or the PC itself) is "Losing" the tuner card. If I restart my PC, it's fine. Using a Hauppauge HVR2200.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 10:54:53 am »

I have long had this problem with our Hauppauge HDPVR. It's external and has a power switch. By recycling its power MC again 'finds' the tuner. Typically happens 2-3 times a week. Of course we miss recordings before we become aware of the problem.

Cheers,
Rod

mdx1

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2013, 04:55:05 pm »

Thank you all for sharing your experiences with various TV tuner cards.  I ordered the SiliconDust HDHomeRun, installed it and it is running nicely in JR MC.  

After verified it worked in MC18, I upgraded to MC19 and it is working great as well.  Now the MC19 .ts recordings no longer contain multiple video streams and can be played without alteration outside the MC.
Nelson

tgarippo

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 05:30:46 am »

I am a newby with jr mc.

I am getting this message also. I just started using JRiver and it does not recognise the tuner, ATIwonder. It does work wit windows media center though.
What should I try?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 08:50:59 am »

I am a newby with jr mc.

I am getting this message also. I just started using JRiver and it does not recognise the tuner, ATIwonder. It does work wit windows media center though.
What should I try?

When you open TV Options window, do you see the device listed under "Devices"?  If so, select it and click "Configure..." button on the right.  Make sure the tuner type is set correctly.

At what stage of trying to use it when you get the error message (scanning for channels, playing a channel etc.)?

Email me a log.  yaobing at jriver dot com

Please refer to the following thread for capturing and emailing logs:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52448.0

tgarippo

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 08:15:12 pm »

When you open TV Options window, do you see the device listed under "Devices"?  If so, select it and click "Configure..." button on the right.  Make sure the tuner type is set correctly.

At what stage of trying to use it when you get the error message (scanning for channels, playing a channel etc.)?

Email me a log.  yaobing at jriver dot com

Please refer to the following thread for capturing and emailing logs:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52448.0
The tuner does show, and I configure it it seems like it should work, but I just get the "no television tuner is available " window. I get the message when I try to plar tv.could WMC7be tying up the tuner?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 08:02:50 am »

The tuner does show, and I configure it it seems like it should work, but I just get the "no television tuner is available " window. I get the message when I try to plar tv.could WMC7be tying up the tuner?

That is a possibility.  Make sure WMC is not scheduled to record anything. 

tgarippo

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 05:07:46 am »

I did make sure there were no scheduled recordings on WMC. On a possibly unrelated matter, I have also noticed that 1 of my external hard drives that i store movies on is not recognized by JR MC. any thoughts on that?
Thanks for any help
Tony   

tgarippo

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 05:16:06 am »

You asked at what stage, it was after the scan for channels. It does show the channels, but says there is no tv tuner available.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 06:03:39 pm »

You asked at what stage, it was after the scan for channels. It does show the channels, but says there is no tv tuner available.

I need a little more clarification.  When you say "It does show the channels", do you mean MC has gotten a list of channels (through channel scanning), or MC can show video of each channel (but still show you the error message)?

Had you scheduled to record in the background? 

Please email me a log.  Instructions were in one of my previous post above.

tgarippo

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 07:57:01 pm »

I need a little more clarification.  When you say "It does show the channels", do you mean MC has gotten a list of channels (through channel scanning), or MC can show video of each channel (but still show you the error message)?

Had you scheduled to record in the background? 

Please email me a log.  Instructions were in one of my previous post above.
I see the list of Chanel's. If I try to watch one, it says "no tuner present to complete request". If I try to use WMC 7 I can watch live tv

Pages: [1]   Go Up