INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC19~ iPod will not initialize  (Read 1817 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
MC19~ iPod will not initialize
« on: December 07, 2013, 06:52:39 am »

I have an iPod Classic that upon connecting to my Win8.1 HTPC as drive 'E:', MC19 will prompt me to initialize it.  I click on OK, and when the progress bar disappears, it does not show as a MC19 external device and disconnects from the PC.  If I reconnect it again MC19 it will show again as drive 'E' and MC19 will again prompt me to initialize, but the same thing happens(?)

The iPod is a refurbished 240Gb Gen5.5 ("Gen6") Classic.  Please advise ...

TIA  :)

Edit 1:  The same is true if I reset the iPod before connecting.

Edit 2:  I'm not sure if I fixed this problem yet, but I was able to get MC to finally recognize the iPod after totally killing all MC services (ie, the media server), again resetting the iPod, plugging it in and making sure it came up as drive 'E', and then starting MC.  I'm hoping MC initialized it the 1st time.  It at least wiped the iPod of previous music files.  Stay tuned ...

Edit 3:  I seemed to have fixed the problem, but upon re-connecting MC states the iPod contains no database and needs to be initialized.  IE, MC19 forces me to go through the entire procedure described above to recognize the database that already exists.  Please JR, fix this behaviour ... TIA  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
Pages: [1]   Go Up