INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music Jukebox Skin  (Read 3887 times)

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
Music Jukebox Skin
« on: December 09, 2013, 01:58:51 pm »

Has anyone tried their hand a Jukebox style skin?
Like a touchscreen theater view with easy to click artists and titles, and, a Now playing list? On the screen at the same time, no clicking to bring up playing now, it has to be there with the pick list.
Something like Ejukebox, or A standard view with really large and locked down fonts and arrangement.

Jukeboxer is very close, as is Jukebox Jockey, but both don't handle video aspect ratios like JRiver.

I know the database behind MC could easily do it, and then some, but I am clueless as to skinning. Every attempt turns it into a MC crashing mess :)

Thanks
Don

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Music Jukebox Skin
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 06:04:43 pm »

Happy Holidays all...

I have had better success of late with Noire and bigger fonts, and removing the tree. (I never saw the little arrow allowing me to hide the tree before ! :)

My Holiday wish(es)?
1. Can we have a Standard skin react to touch like Obsidian Touch does? I want to swipe the list of files in Standard view and have them scroll, like IE or Explorer does now. Currently when you swipe the list it tries to grab a file and move it somewhere. I don't need fancy "flicks" like operations, just scroll with a finger instead of the scroll bar.
2. If 1. can't be done, can I have bigger scroll bars?

Thanks all!

Don

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 06:47:30 pm »

In MC19 recent builds, try View/Size.

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 01:02:54 am »

In MC19 recent builds, try View/Size.
Hello,
I assume you mean the size option for the Noire Skin. That's what I meant by trying Noire. I like it at about 150%, but any bigger and the fonts are so large most text gets part cut off. But it is better than normal size. I can get the scroll bars pretty big before text gets cut off, esp if I remove the tree. I just wondered if there was a skinning option for "scrollbarsize"only. I also wish the Noire skin had darker shaded bars to define lines of text. It is mostly washed out and hard to follow the line from Name to Album to Artist, etc.

And the option to use touch to scroll through lists? It seems to work in a lot of windows apps, there must be some option in the programmers bag o' tricks to enable it in Standard view. That would just about make it perfect. I still haven't figured out how to make played files leave Now Playing.

Thanks for being so responsive. I feel like what I have to say makes a difference.

Quite some time ago JRiver added the stretch option for videos seemingly just for me, and it has worked perfect, just the way I want it, for a long time now, thanks!

Don

After replying I went to try Noire again. I found that adjusting the size in Noire resets the font to huge. By playing with Noire size and then shrinking the font back down I got good size scroll bars. Not too bad, thanks!!!\

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 10:01:34 am »

I was wrong.... If I pick 200% Noire Skin, and then set the font back on to 14 or so, it looks great, but next time I start MC, it has reset the font to 32, ginormous! :) Is there away to leave the font alone between restarts of MC?

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up