INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Registering LAV/MADVR  (Read 1482 times)

jdizzy623

• World Citizen
Registering LAV/MADVR
« on: December 12, 2013, 08:22:01 pm »

When using different video player I also use LAV and MADVR.

How could I go about registering the ones that MC uses so I could use them with other video players?
(rather than having 2 of each on my machine)

Thanks in advance!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Registering LAV/MADVR
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 08:39:17 pm »

You shouldn't do that.

If you want components for a different program, you should install them separately.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jdizzy623

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 08:44:44 pm »

Would prefer to do it this way and did read where another person had done it.
But I cannot remember the message where they described which files and how they did it....
Sorry

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 09:21:10 pm »

It's really a bad idea.  MC periodically updates the builds included, so you're likely to end up having to do this over and over and over.

Are you really concerned about the size of the DLLs?  What, is it 1989 again or something?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jdizzy623

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 10:21:50 pm »

Are you really concerned about the size of the DLLs?  What, is it 1989 again or something?
Nope, just an experiment more or less... Just mucking around.

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 01:56:24 am »

It's really a bad idea.  MC periodically updates the builds included, so you're likely to end up having to do this over and over and over.
Actually Hendrik said there was no problem registering the version of LAV Filters that ships with Media Center, and it has the added bonus of being updated automatically.
I've done the same with madVR and not had any issues so far.

I rarely use anything other than Media Center for video playback now, but I do have a zone which uses custom settings for LAV Video rather than the standard ROHQ when I need to force yadif deinterlacing on videos which are encoded as progressive, but are actually full of interlacing. (madVR's deinterlacing override doesn't seem to work with these videos)

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 02:15:40 am »

While it should generally work to register the embeded versions, some new formats that are added to LAV may not work properly until you re-register them again, since information needs to be written to the registry.
In general i strongly recommend to use the LAV installer if you want to use LAV in any other tools, since it also does some additional setup. If all you want is custom settings in MC, registering its own copy may work, assuming you re-do it occasionally after an update.

In short, only do it when you really know what you're doing. If you don't know how to do it, you probably shouldn't. :)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up