INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burning CD's, playing CD-RW & Que size  (Read 969 times)

tomcat225

Burning CD's, playing CD-RW & Que size
« on: March 01, 2002, 09:26:29 am »

After completion of burning a CD, if I either close or minimize Media Jukebox my entire system freezes and I have to reboot by turning off (at power switch) the system as cntrl/alt/delete won't work.  I was using Roxio prior to Media Jukebox and this wasn't happening. I am using MS Windows XP.  Is there a patch available for Media Jukebox to fix the problem.

I am using CD-RW (650MB / 74 Min.) CD's. They play fine in the cd drive, CDRW drive and my Sony Mega storage audio unit in my home entertainment system.  Why won't they play in my car stereo and some other cd players? I have been told that these are more difficult to read in some platers and that I should use CDR's instead of CDRW's.

Also: How do I get the que to hold more than 100 selections?

Your help appreciated,
V

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Burning CD's, playing CD-RW & Que size
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2002, 09:36:09 am »

Which version of Media Jukebox are you using? You can install a good aspi layer from this link:
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/drivers_by_product.html?cat=%2fProduct%2fASPI-4.70&prodkey=ASPI-4.70#Microsoft%20Windows%202000

You may want to stick to CD-R's. They're cheap and work in more players than CD-RW's.
For data mode CD burning, you aren't limited to 100 selections in Media Jukebox. Audio mode is limited by the spec. to 99 tracks.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

tomcat225

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2002, 12:02:25 pm »

Reply to JohnT:

I'm using the Media Jukebox version first downloaded before purchase of the upgrade to Gold.

If I upgrade to the Gold version does this increase my que?  If so to what limit?

What does the ASPI 4.70 do for me?  I understand this to be a scsi (Adaptec) module program?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2002, 12:24:43 pm »

1. There is no Media Jukebox Gold. There is a Media Jukebox Plus. I'm not nitpicking here, I'm just clarifying that we're talking about the same product. For some reason people confuse Media Jukebox with Music Match Jukebox a lot.

2. The 99 limit JohnT is talking about isn't a limit set by Media Jukebox. It's a limit set by the Redbook Audio Format standard (if I'm understanding him right).

3. When he asks what version of Media Jukebox you're using, he means, what's the version number? 7, 7.1, 7.2, or one of the beta versions of 8.

4. ASPI is what Media Jukebox uses to communicate with your CD-RW drive. Updating it to the newest version will insure that you have the most up-to-date and compatible version. It may or may not fix your particular problem.

5. Did these particular CD blanks work when you burned with Roxio? Many players have problems with CD-RW's and even a lot of CD-R's. My Sony DVD player won't play CD-R's at all, for instance, but my car stereo will work fine with them.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2002, 12:30:31 pm »

Doof

The gold version is the home version it comes in a box sent directly from the JRiver HQ, with a signed certificate from JimH
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2002, 12:33:54 pm »

How come I didn't get one?
Pages: [1]   Go Up