INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Associate .jvi Files and Handle Them Better  (Read 747 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Associate .jvi Files and Handle Them Better
« on: December 17, 2013, 07:06:41 pm »

One thing that would make it much easier for us, as users, to share views with each other seems like an easy change.  Right now, you can save preconfigured Views out as JVI files.  The problem is that to use these files, you have to navigate to an esoteric filesystem location that even I don't fully understand to "install" them.

So, it makes it hard to share them.  I often feel I could help a novice user by making an example view, and then explaining how to customize it.

But, how do I explain how to install it?

If you could just double-click on them, and have MC figure out where to install it (maybe with a "are you sure?" prompt or something), that would help a lot.  I also don't fully understand how the tree-relationship in them works, and how it decides when to load/save them as Video vs Audio vs whatever "load a view" options.

Alternatively, if one of the "View Preset" tiles on the Add A View dialog was a Load a View from Disk button, that let you pick a jvi file directly (and then installed it), that would be almost as good.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up