INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Windows 8.1 friendly to MJ8  (Read 3268 times)

tlcmd

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Is Windows 8.1 friendly to MJ8
« on: December 20, 2013, 06:22:50 am »

Question for those of you MJ8 lovers, has anyone upgrade to Windows 8.1 and found out if MJ8 operates normally under that OS? We all know that those of us still running Windows XP will have to do something by April 8, 2014, when Windows support ceases for XP, so I was just wondering. The most recent free newsletter from Windows Secrets has a nice article on how to set up your XP OS to avoid many problems which could occur when Microsoft ceases that support and patches.

DopeyJones

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Is Windows 8.1 friendly to MJ8
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 12:01:19 pm »

Windows 8 and 8.1 should be able to run it alright, just as well as older games, through use of compatibility mode, don't you think? It should only be very few (and irregular) programs that can't run on newer OS's. I couldn't install Cubase SX3 on Win7, for instance.
As a long-time XP user, I'd prefer Windows 7 ultimate though :-)

timmyleeturner

• Recent member
Re: Is Windows 8.1 friendly to MJ8
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 01:03:26 pm »

I'm able to use MJ12 with Windows 8.1, except the program is difficult to close. Takes at least 30 seconds on a Gaming Laptop.  I was reluctant to ever upgrade as I heard a few features were missing, like CD labels and downloading cover art. Sometimes it's difficult to open and I have to use Device Mgr to close an old process and then click to open.  I might add that I've been using it all day and I'm now getting several Runtime Errors that MJ is terminating the runtime improperly. I've tried various compatibly settings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up