INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disappearing Channels & messed up Theater View  (Read 3384 times)

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
Disappearing Channels & messed up Theater View
« on: December 22, 2013, 02:17:11 pm »

My first problem is that I somehow totally messed up my Theater View settings. It is showing weird stuff unlike the organized flow tabs it origiinally did. I have been trying to set up Favorites, Hidden Channels & was trying to follow instructions in a thread to setup different views in addition to Favorites. It is a mess!!! Is there a simple way to "reset" the view???

I am using a HDHomeRun Prime.  A channel has just disappeared from the TV Guide in MC. It is TNT....channel 732 here. When I go into options  >  edit channels, it is in the list.  But when I select it in this list it indicates that it is channel 100. When I double click it here in this list it begins playing channel 100.

This "edit channels" list is the only list It appears. It doesn't show up in the TV guide listing. I have run find channels several times. I also have checked the settings in HD HomeRun and all appears to be OK. I can select & watch TNT channel 732 within QuickTV in HomeRun.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Dissapearing Chennels & messed up Theater View
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 05:57:43 pm »

Is channel 100 also TNT?

Have you being exploring "Group Channels..." tool?  If so, maybe you have grouped that particular channel with another channel.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 06:13:43 pm »

No, Channel 100 isn't TNT. I looked at grouping and I don't see any changes that I would have made. I don't see TNT, Ch 732, in this list either. I don't know what the heck I could have done!!

Jack Fate 318

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 06:48:12 pm »

I've been trying to get my missing and incorrect stations corrected for months  now.

I don't go to theater view.  instant crash I'm on mc 18 final build

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 06:51:48 pm »

As it turns out I have many channels that are missing from the TV guide even though I see them in "Edit Channels" and have them selected as favorites. I can't figure this out. Up untill several days ago, TNT for one was listed in the Guide and i was recording shows from that channel. Then, all of a sudden, it disappeared. I don't know if it was something i did or not. But it is very frustrating that i can't get TNT & the other missing channels to show up. I've exhausted all that i can think of....plus I don't want to do anything else that may make a bigger mess!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 07:34:05 pm »

If a channel is in Edit Channels list but not in the guide, most likely it is not associated with a program.  Load EPG manually, and at the last step carefully match channels with programs.

If a channel does not show up in Edit Channels list, there are two possibilities.  It may be hidden.  Examine your hidden channel list carefully.  The second possibility is that it may be grouped with another channel.  If only have one type of tuner (for example you use HDHomerun Prime, but not OTA ATSC tuner, nor QAM tuner, nor STB), then you should not use Group Channels tool at all.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 09:00:14 pm »

I don't go to theater view.  instant crash I'm on mc 18 final build
A crash in Theater View is probably a bug in the video driver.  MC uses 3D drawing for video.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 11:37:37 am »

I am an idiot. Yaobing, I apparently had created a group which consisted of all of the missing channels. I cleared them all from groups and will never go there again! They now appear in the guide.

My only "guide" related issue that remains.....my cable system recently changed the channel for the local CBS & NBC affiliate. However, these 2 channels are not showing in the guide but the do in the HD HomeRun Prime channel listing. I can also go direct to these 2 channels by entering the new channel #s thru MC. When I select TV & browse the channels these 2 channels appear but when i select them it says there is no program selected and to the right it says "Double click here to set up a program guide." All other channels are setup properly and the programs appear for each.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2013, 11:46:25 am »

I am an idiot. Yaobing, I apparently had created a group which consisted of all of the missing channels. I cleared them all from groups and will never go there again! They now appear in the guide.

Ha. I did the same thing. I "grouped" channels 65-1, 65-2, 65-3 together (I guess I don't understand the concept/purpose of grouping) then I could not find 65-1 (and the guide was showing the description for the shows for 65-1 on the channel 65-2 line so that further confused me. I deleted the group and all is back to normal now.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 03:06:56 pm »

I am glad it is sorted out.

My only "guide" related issue that remains.....my cable system recently changed the channel for the local CBS & NBC affiliate. However, these 2 channels are not showing in the guide but the do in the HD HomeRun Prime channel listing. I can also go direct to these 2 channels by entering the new channel #s thru MC. When I select TV & browse the channels these 2 channels appear but when i select them it says there is no program selected and to the right it says "Double click here to set up a program guide." All other channels are setup properly and the programs appear for each.

I have to make a little guess here.  Probably the xmltv data we rely on is not updated for the reconfigured channels.  With the new manually added channels, you do not have any xmltv id associated.  So you should load EPG manually once, and make a manual association between the channels and the xmltv IDs.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2013, 04:12:03 pm »

When you have a chance would you explain how to make that ID association?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 04:49:53 pm »

TV Options... > General > Load Program Guide... to bring up the "Load Program Guide" wizard.

On the first page of the wizard, your choices should already have been selected if you previously have run this wizard, otherwise choose your country, postal code, and most importantly, your cable provider.  Click Next. 

On the next page, you should have a list of your channels.  Next to each channel is the name of xmltv ID (or "(Click here to configure)" if the channel is not associated with any ID).  To add or edit an association, simply click the channel entry.  You will get a list of all xmltv ID names, which may or may not be identical to your channel names.  Find the right one to associate with the selected channel.  Also you should remove the association with your old channel (if the old channel is still in the list).  To remove an association, click the entry and select the blank space at the top of the drop-down list.  Click Next after all channels are correctly associated.

Click Finish.

Jack Fate 318

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2013, 08:11:38 pm »

once I get to the next to the xmltv part I'm apparently not getting the list you speak of, I can not change it to the correct one,The correct one is already on the left side of the column  .I'm trying to correct my channel list  An  ABC channel is CBS which makes it a nightmare. See if I record that channel I get something else And I still have missing channels ,I do have the channel to view only. Just did install/reinstall. I ONLY USE atsc WITH THE TERRESTRIAL settings NO cable.  I no longer even know what load program options to use as I've tried them all so many times now  :'(

also reloaded my video drivers & still getting crashes

One more thing when I installed MC18 & reinstalled it I was not ask for my license /code number?

Thank you for your patience

Jack Fate 318

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 06:48:55 pm »

Got one station corrected although description of program is for different network ,ok I can work around, but I have a channel that WIL NOT LIST in any guide except for the column on the left & I can't record from that. Any suggestions????

How many times can I reload the MC18 Build seems like forever, I have a malware program removing stuff that MC18 needs to work, I uninstall & then reinstall. Been trying to filter this from  the Malware   program .This malware program has helped with a lot of crashes( theater view )

One step forward,   ...............................

Cheers

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 08:11:36 pm »

One more thing when I installed MC18 & reinstalled it I was not ask for my license /code number?

That is correct.  You do not need to enter your license even if you uninstall and reinstall.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 08:37:41 pm »

once I get to the next to the xmltv part I'm apparently not getting the list you speak of, I can not change it to the correct one,The correct one is already on the left side of the column  .I'm trying to correct my channel list  An  ABC channel is CBS which makes it a nightmare. See if I record that channel I get something else And I still have missing channels ,I do have the channel to view only. Just did install/reinstall. I ONLY USE atsc WITH THE TERRESTRIAL settings NO cable.  I no longer even know what load program options to use as I've tried them all so many times now  :'(

First, you need to fix the channels.  Use "Edit Channel List..." tool to edit the list.  You can edit channel details.  If you know that a channel has incorrect parameters, click Edit Channel to change them.  If you know you have channels that are totally wrong and useless, you can delete them.  If you have channels that MC would not find during scan, you can manually add them.  For ATSC channels, all you need to know are three parameters - major channel, minor channel, and physical channel.

Once you have the correct set of channels, you can work on getting the guide data.  I attach two screen shots to show the steps in getting guide data below.

In the first step, notice that I chose "Digital Terrestrial Lineup" for "Provider".  In the second screen shot, I highlighted a number of things and added notes on them.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 08:42:29 pm »

Also, check Television Options > Hidden Channels, and see if there are channels that are hidden but should not be hidden.  If so, uncheck it from the list.  Likewise you can hide channels that you do not ever want to watch, or are simply incorrect (as an alternative to deleting them).

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 08:57:08 pm »

By the way, SiliconDust, the maker of HDHomerun devices, maintains a good list of TV channels.  Take a look there:

http://www.silicondust.com/

Click Support / Channels.  Enter your zip code and click Search.

The attached screen shot shows what I got after entering my zip code.  I selected "Digital Antenna" for Provider (not sure why that actually was the only option, there used to be other providers, such as Comcast cable). The list shows the channel details.  For example, the forth entry (circled), under "Channel" is 44-1.  That says the "physical channel" is 44, and the "program number" is 1.  In MC "program number" is not used.  You can ignore it.  Under "Virtual", it is 7.1.  That means major channel is 7, minor channel is 1. So in MC this channel is "7-1 WLS-HD" (the physical channel 44 is part of the channel parameters but usually does not show up in the channel name).

Jack Fate 318

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 10:43:32 am »

Thanks Yaobing

I got my missing channel back, thanks to your excellent instructions. Still have a channel with wrong description in guide but I work around this.
4 days & no crashes & everything works!!!

Believe malware may have lead to most  of my problems

wonderful program when it works,if this keeps working will go  to 19

Thanks again for your continued support

Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up