INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug Report: Regarding to managing DSD-ISO files in JRiver MC 19  (Read 1564 times)

soleil

• Recent member
Bug Report: Regarding to managing DSD-ISO files in JRiver MC 19
« on: December 22, 2013, 09:11:59 pm »

As you know, fortunately, JRiver allows to correct the tag info of DSD-ISO albums.
However, since the corrected tag info can NOT be saved into the original ISO files,
if you move a DSD-ISO file to another HDD and re-register it then all tag info does not come to anything.

BUT there is one useful tool in JRiver when moving files (including DSD-ISO) from one HDD to another
It is [Tools]-[Library Tools]-[Rename, Move & Copy Files...].
You don't have to re-register files and all corrected tag info goes along.

I happened to used the above method several times in the old version JRiver (probably 18 or early 19 version)
and I remember there was no problem at all.
However, for some reason, in the case of DSD-ISO files it is NOT working any longer.
In other words, after moving a DSD-ISO file to some other HDD (using normal file manager)
and correcting the path using the above library managing tool,
JRiver fails to play it with an error message of 'Files Not Founding...'

I am currently using ver. 19.0.96.
Please correct this problem ASAP.

p.s. I heard a Korean JRiver distributor had already compiled this problem a long time ago.

tourix

• Recent member
Re: Bug Report: Regarding to managing DSD-ISO files in JRiver MC 19
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 02:40:51 pm »

This bug has been bothering me for a long time as well. It is still not fixed on 19.0.149.

I think it is due to the mishandling of the track suffix (;1 ;2 ;3 ;4 ...) for SACD ISO track names by [Tools]-[Library Tools]-[Rename, Move & Copy Files...].

For illustration, let's assume I want to move my music from D:\Music to M:\Music.
After the files are copied, I want to use the library tool to update the database to point to the new drive letter.
Let's try on a single SACD ISO album at M:\Music\album_name.iso. I select the album under Audio and start the [Rename, Move & Copy Files...] library tool.
I select "Update database ... (no file rename, move, or copy)", because the iso file is already at the new location on disk M and I do not want to move any files.
Then I check "Find and Replace":
Find what:    D:
Replace with:   M:
If you look in the Original column, you will notice the track number suffix is not showing. For the first track, you see album_name.iso instead of album_name.iso;1
The drive letter is correctly renamed from D: to M:, but all track name tags now lost their track number suffix.

If you try to play, you will "Something went wrong with playback".

Pages: [1]   Go Up