INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASIO Live-In for Netflix sound, something went wrong with playback error  (Read 5642 times)

AlexP

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi All,

I studied the old topic regarding configuring WASAPI Loopback.
I followed the steps configuring the Realtek on board card for 7.1. I tried setting default device as Speakers and Digital output.
I have Asio driver from exasound e28.
I set 8 channels in Config ASIO Live-In ... and set 48 kHz.

When click OK, JRiver gives me something went wrong with playback.

WASAPI gives the same error.

Open URL, I tried blank and live://loopback, there is no difference.

I have Windows 8.1. JRiver 19.148.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Alex

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

First get regular playback working, then move on to the loopback modes.

So as a start, does a CD file play in the selected zone?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

AlexP

• Junior Woodchuck

I did not setup any zones. I assume I have default zone. All my ripped content audio and video plays well.

AlexP

• Junior Woodchuck

I have got it to work with loopback zone created.
It works with WASAPI, but not ASIO. I guess this is fine.

Thanks for the hint.

Alex

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient

To get ASIO working the software output that you're trying to capture needs to have an ASIO output and that output would have to be set to JRiver's ASIO line-in input.  Most windows software does not have an ASIO output, and Netflix in a browser defnitely doesn't output in ASIO, and can't ordinarily be configured to do so without some third party software (like the ASIO bridge that some folks on the forum use). 

Whether or not you use ASIO line-in as an input to JRiver is unrelated to whether you're using JRiver to output to your soundcard using ASIO.

WASAPI loopback, by contrast, just intercepts whatever is being sent to the windows default sound driver, which includes netflix in a browser.  JRiver grabs it and sends it your sound card using your output mode of choice (including ASIO).

Basically if you need ASIO input to work, look into ASIO bridge software, but all that software is doing is intercepting the non-ASIO output from Netflix and re-packaging it as an ASIO stream.  The main reasons to do that would be if your system doesn't work well with WASAPI loopback (for some reason), or if you don't have an extra on-board sound device.

AlexP

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi mwillems,

Thanks for your reply. Very helpful.

Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up