INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: media jukebox gives fatal error with xing encoder  (Read 692 times)

billtr

media jukebox gives fatal error with xing encoder
« on: February 28, 2002, 03:04:56 am »

xing does not handle long filenames (duh). So, I uncheck the box that allows long filenames. xing works fine, the correct result directory is created but the result file is a 8.3 dos name. Media Jukebox does not rename this file, does not see the long filename it was looking for and proclaims a fatal error.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:media jukebox gives fatal error with xing encoder
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2002, 07:18:18 am »

Bill,
Someone else from JRiver will have to say for certain, but there may not be anything we can do about this.  I think Xing is changing the name after we've given it to the encoder.

Did you try our Lame plugin?  Or if you're using V8, it's just called MP3 encoder.  On our plugins page here.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Bill T

RE:media jukebox gives fatal error with xing encoder
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2002, 04:57:39 pm »

Problem is, Media Jukebox is not handling the case of 'no long filename support'. Media Jukebox sends the DOS 8.3 filenames for source and destination to xing. xing obediently encodes the file. However, since all it knows is the 8.3 filename, this filename appears in Windows.

To fix it, Media Jukebox must look for the dos 8.3 result name in the Windows filespace (as it is doing) and rename it to the long filename that the Media Jukebox database is expecting.

I am going to attempt to write a batch file to do this.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up