INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Downmix on MC  (Read 1290 times)

Adhara

• World Citizen
Downmix on MC
« on: December 30, 2013, 01:22:09 pm »

Hi,

I've got an external 4 channels DA converter so I've no center speaker neither subwoofer on my system (just 2x front speakers and 2x suround speakers).
Can we redirect the center and the LFE channels to the main speakers (front left and right) and so have a 5.1 soundtrack played on a 4.0 system ?

If it s possible, how doing this on MC ? And how to have a second setup for music stereo usage ?

Thanks

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
Re: Downmix on MC
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 02:21:45 pm »

Yes,

use DSP studio, select parametric eq, add Mix channels, in mix channels you can choose source and destination.
example source - center, destination - left, right

for your stereo settings, create second zone

Adhara

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 02:35:45 pm »

Yes,

use DSP studio, select parametric eq, add Mix channels, in mix channels you can choose source and destination.
example source - center, destination - left, right

for your stereo settings, create second zone

Thanks but I can only choose one destination (left or right or .. non L/R) for one source (center).

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 02:47:33 pm »

Thanks but I can only choose one destination (left or right or .. non L/R) for one source (center).

You can also select 4 channel output and enable "JRSS mixing" in the output format DSP module (rather than source number of channels); that will automatically mix the center and lfe into the other speakers as needed.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 05:48:51 pm »

You can setup two rules in PEQ for the same source, mix into L first, in R second.

But like mwillems suggested, try the JRSS downmix, it should automatically do what you need when you select 4 channels as output format.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up