INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media center 18 keeps crashing [Solved]  (Read 9112 times)

icanrule

• World Citizen
JRiver Media center 18 keeps crashing [Solved]
« on: December 31, 2013, 11:07:10 am »

A few months ago JRiver starting crashing on me.  Now it crashes on me everyday and I want to try and get to the bottom of it.  I backed up the database then uninstall the program with deleting all settings.  Then reinstalled it and restored my database.  It is still crashing daily.

I made a log file but it is 665mb's in size.  So I broke it up and I have uploaded the last 10mb's of the file along with system_info.txt and log.text all in the zip file.  If you need more information let me know but I can't upload it all because zipped it is 32mb's and unzipped it is 600mb's+.  

I am using the lastly created Windows media center 18.   It is running on a windows 8.1 machine but I think it was also crashing when it was on just Windows 8.  

Any advise will be very helpful.  Please help as this is a big inconvenience.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: J Rivers Media center 18 keeps crashing
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 11:57:55 am »

Please take a look at the antivirus problem thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=86096.0

Arindelle

Re: J Rivers Media center 18 keeps crashing
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 12:03:18 pm »

don't have time right now, but if you have looked at the AV posibility as Jim suggested and still no go, in looking at one of the files I noticed 2 things

-
Code: [Select]
[b]Sharing Plugins: VSocketReader::Bind: Socket bind failed: 10048 [/b] this could mean that two processes are trying to use the same socket or there is an issue with port access (maybe port 80?)

If you are on a network could you turn off media server and try running your main PC locally to see if it crashes.

Also this podcast is looping "http://straightdope.infoble.com/rss.xml" maybe you could try editing or removing some of the podcasts temporarily (although I sort of doubt this would cause a crash)

I think you should reset (clear the log) - I can't tell which file is the last before the crash. It shouldn't be that big unless it is running for a long time. If needed just post the end of it  or put it in dropbox or googledrive maybe?

JimH

• Administrator
Re: JRiver Media center 18 keeps crashing
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 12:07:22 pm »

We would appreciate it if you used the name as "JRiver", not "J Rivers".  I changed it above.  Thanks.

icanrule

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 12:47:44 pm »

I'm using the virus software that comes with Windows called Microsoft Defender.  I currently have all my media files on the D drive and Microsoft Defender is set to ignore the D Drive.  I also set it to ignore c:\progra~1\jriver folder because I'm not sure which folder needs to be the exception.  I should note that all the files in JRiver are on the D drive but they are actually scanned from the server at //server/music/full/ folder.  I don't know if they will cause any confusion but I have been running it this way since Jrivers 12. 

I have removed the podcast mentioned because it hasn't existed since 2012.  I just have high hopes that it would return but it won't be coming back.

I have cleared the log.

This idea of a port conflict was an interesting idea.  So I did a netstat and it was going crazy for ports 52100 and 52101.  So I took down the jrivers server and it was still going crazy.  I eventually took down my backup plex server and all of a sudden the netstat cleared up.  So I have disabled the plex server and will let jrivers run on it's own.  Now with plex disable and jrivers running the netstat actually completes.  So it may have been a plex server issue.  We will see if this solves the issue. 

Jimh: thanks for correcting the name.

icanrule

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 03:50:57 am »

Sorry for the delays everyone.  It has not been solved quite yet.  But I have been somewhat out of commission.  What I actually did because I really don't like Windows 8 is formatted my system and downgraded to Windows 7.  It has crashed twice since then but I didn't have the log running and because the computer seems to be rebooting because of Windows updates it hasn't crashed since the first couple of crashes after installing Windows 7. 

I am going to keep monitoring the situation and update this threat the next time it crashes. 

icanrule

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 02:31:42 pm »

I've just gone through a major upgrade to my system and it is still crashing.  I have a whole brand new computer with the exception of the hard drives in the system.  I am now running it on an i5 with 4 gigs of ram and have downgraded from windows 8 to windows 7.  Things have seemed to dwindle to the point of daily crashing again.

But when it crashes Windows 7 gives me an error message saying "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library".  I have included a screenshot of the error message.  I also want to include the log file but once again it is too big.  I have posted a link to the 30mb error log below shared from my google drive.  If I have to upgrade I will because this is causing massive havoc on my day to day life.  I didn't realize how much I used J rivers when I can't use it anymore.   

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B22qt1ltq4RiN3Mzd1JtMVB4N0E/edit?usp=sharing

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 03:23:48 pm »

Try uninstalling your antivirus software.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 06:58:13 pm »

I don't know if this is the case with MC18, but in MC19, visualizations will also cause a V C++ runtime error.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

icanrule

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 04:05:48 am »

I did a few searches on this board about the C++ error messages and an interesting article came up suggesting that the my LG TV could be the cause of it.  The article on your forum suggested that there is something wrong with LG's DLNA that causes problems and that it will be fixed shortly with Media Center 19. 

I thought back a few months and realized that JRiver started to crash around the time that I purchased my LG.  So I reset my TV to take it off my wireless network and now Jrivers has been running without a crash for 48 hours which is a record these days.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed but it may have been the LG TV.  This is unfortunate considering the LG running the newest firmware which just came out less then a month ago is the cause of the problem. 

If it continues to work for 48 hours I will be back to advise and we can consider this issue resolved. 

icanrule

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 01:06:16 am »

This one I am considering as solved.  So there you have it.  My LG Smart (stupid) TV being connected via my wireless network was the issue.  When I get home if I remember I will post the model of the TV.  I can't believe that a new TV is the cause of all my problems. 

JimH

• Administrator
Re: JRiver Media center 18 keeps crashing [Solved]
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 07:08:29 am »

Thanks for reporting the solution.

icanrule

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Media center 18 keeps crashing [Solved]
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 04:52:25 am »

the tv model is 42ln5700-uh.