INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HD5770... one installed and an extra just waiting to be installed via crossfire.  (Read 2663 times)

wglong

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile

I'm trying to squeeze as much as I can out of my current setup.  Just upgraded to a E8600 for the processor from a E6750 so I should get some lift from that.  I currently have a HD5770 as my graphics card driving my Mitsubishi DLP TV.  We also use DLNA to the PS3.  Would adding another HD5770 video card in cross fire help my GPU output to both the TV and DLNA PS3?  I've got an extra one laying around.  Just want to make sure the software and renders would leverage it.  Thanks all!

William

• Citizen of the Universe

I don't believe DLNA is rendered on the GPU at all. The conversion to a PS3-friendly format (if necessary) is done on the CPU.
Similarly, I don't believe madVR (Red October HQ) can take advantage of Crossfire or SLI.

wglong

• Recent member

Yes, I've got Red October HQ setting on.  When I was watching my CPU and GPU while watching a Blu-Ray they were both over 60%.  The system does sometimes studier when watching both PS3 DLNA and locally via the DVI.  Some I'm trying to get more headroom on my system.

Hendrik

• Administrator

Crossfire or SLI are not going to help MC at all at this point. Its a thing for gaming, video playback or conversion doesn't benefit.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

The system does sometimes studier when watching both PS3 DLNA and locally via the DVI.  Some I'm trying to get more headroom on my system.
You will need to replace the 5770 with a faster GPU rather than adding a second one then. I would also suggest using hardware accelerated decoding if you are not already.

wglong

• Recent member

Thanks everyone for the clarification.  I'm going to see how the E8600 does before upgrading the 5770 also.
Pages: [1]   Go Up