INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with UA25-EX and Foobar solved with JRiver  (Read 1856 times)

svi

Problem with UA25-EX and Foobar solved with JRiver
« on: January 15, 2014, 09:04:49 am »

I have a near field setup at home. I'm familiar with foobar and everything went OK with the UCA202 soundcard. But when I bought a second hand Cakewalk UA25-EX my headaches started (I was looking for an USB soundcard with optical spdif out). My PC is linked to the UA25-EX, via spdif to a DEQ2496, using AES to a DCX2496 and from it to a multichannel volume control feeding a pair of B2030A monitors and a M-AUDIO subwoofer.

Everytime I started foobar using wasapi I obtained an error "unrecoverable error: device in use". I looked for solutions thorugh internet. Using directsound everything worked well but this is not my idea of a solution. After purchasing JRiver (which initially causes the same error) everything were solved:

The UA-25EX has a selector for sampling (44, 96). If I selected 96Khz Windows offered me only 96Khz (24bits or 16). But using wasapi if I tried to play a 44Khz sampled song it failed and showed me the error. If i switched the sound card to 44Khz then everything worked.

Using JRiver I selected wasapi and asio causing the same problem. But JRiver has a choice for resampling. So upsampling all the songs (during playback) to 96Khz solved the problem (the other way round worked as well: resampling to 44Khz during playback and selecting 44Khz in the soundcard. Some files I have are in 96Khz).

So, I've to say that I was scheptical about JRiver benefits against foobar but now I'm really happy about it.

My regards,
Pages: [1]   Go Up