INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: madVR stats on MC19 ?  (Read 4078 times)

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
madVR stats on MC19 ?
« on: January 24, 2014, 02:34:30 pm »

In order to get the best video quality, I need to balance what tasks go to the CPU and which go to the GPU.

( For example, now that AMD Radeon hardware acceleration is fixed in MC19, I need to turn it off, because the GPU is already often at maximum doing various scaling. )

I tried setting the Keyboard Shortcut for show OSD in madVR GUI to ctrl-alt-j, but nothing happens when I do that.

Is there any way to shown the madVR debug OSD in ROHQ ?

Thanks !

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
Re: madVR stats on MC19 ?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 02:42:37 pm »

I could not get ctrl+alt+j to work either so I went into madVR settings-->user interface--> and unchecked the "use only if media player has keyboard focus" and it works now. Maybe it will work for you too.
Sean

kstuart

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 05:35:31 pm »

Thanks scolex .... but that did not work for me... I'm wondering what is different between our installations ?

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 01:17:02 am »

It had been a while since I had accessed madVR stats and forgot that to get them to come up I have to give focus to something else when using the aforementioned settings change. With the setting checked I can't get stats to come up at all even tried using a different shortcut.
This is not a big deal for me since I am running multiple displays and almost always have something open on another screen.
Sean

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 04:08:38 am »

Same problem here. This used to work and I've posted about it before.

I changed it to ctrl-alt-j and ctrl-alt-r (reset) too.

I found that when I first open the madvr settings via right click, direct show/madvr, the hotkey works. To turn it off or reset it I have to open the settings box again.

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 08:03:42 am »

If I recall correctly, this is something to do with the way that Media Center handles keyboard shortcuts if you have a remote set up with the program.

I had the same problem start happening when I tried to set up an Xbox controller as a remote via Media Center's options window. (in the end, I remapped it with Xpadder instead, as MC does not support XInput)

kstuart

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 06:52:02 pm »

It would be simpler if the madVR settings had "Engage debugging OSD" instead of "here is the keyboard shortcut for debugging OSD".   I can reliably bring up the madVR settings...
Pages: [1]   Go Up