INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging classical music.  (Read 52450 times)

zenpmd

• World Citizen
Re: Tagging classical music.
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2016, 12:42:17 pm »

Got you, so when you have this weird check box (why is that by the way?) no semi colon necessary, right?

zenpmd

• World Citizen
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2016, 10:39:07 am »

This is normal -- you can still type in the box. But you don't need to add the semi-colon just continue to add as many as you need. Best for use in the tag window or via pane tagging. I thought you created a field called soloist (not plural). For fields that are not like this, to add multiple values you would need the separator (semi-colon) though. In this precise case you don't. 8)

Hi Arindelle

I seems I need to add something to separate names in the soloist field, otherwise it looks like one long weird name? How would it know if I put in Leonid Kogan Nina Kogan that they are two soloists not one?

Also, I added some random letters as a test and now I cannot seem to delete them as check boxes! Any idea how I do this? Thanks!

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2016, 09:35:58 am »

Hi Arindelle

I seems I need to add something to separate names in the soloist field, otherwise it looks like one long weird name? How would it know if I put in Leonid Kogan Nina Kogan that they are two soloists not one?

Also, I added some random letters as a test and now I cannot seem to delete them as check boxes! Any idea how I do this? Thanks!
The way this works is that either you manually input each name hit enter, add another name etc. You can also hover over this area and paste a bunch of names from another site into a text box pop-up and then edit it which is very cool for soloists). When finished just hit enter on the blank box and you are done.

Now if you want to type two things in at once like "Leonid Kogan Nina Kogan" you can ... but, you are right -- MC is going to consider that as 1 soloist or artist what ever ... The separator as I mentioned is the semi-colon ... so you could just type Leonid Kogan; Nina Kogan. Once you enter this it will be split into two separate entries visually

There are a bunch of advantages to this type of field for tagging. Like a not making spelling mistakes ... Just Type Mar and probably Maria Callas will come up. You ant to avoid having multiple names for soloists and artists. Also, for operas for example you can rearrange the order by dragging the names -- principal soloists at the top.  Or you could enter all the solists for the entire album and by track unclick the ones that are not playing/singing on the track. Depending in the views you create this will show as individual selections, not grouped together like "Leonid Kogan; Nina Kogan"

here two screenshots to show you what I'm talking about

EDIT: this post is under the old versions part of the forum ... Probably should be asking direct questions like this under the Win21 forum ... I am using the new Tagging Window option here and it doesn't exist in version 19 for info. The way the listbox type fields work hasn't changed though.

zenpmd

• World Citizen
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2016, 01:04:04 am »

Thank you so much for taking the time Arindelle, I really appreciate it. I understand how that column works now, its very neat. Thanks!

One final question I think, for classical its helpful to add the record label - that does not appear to be an option. Do people just use publisher instead?

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2016, 02:50:46 am »

Thank you so much for taking the time Arindelle, I really appreciate it. I understand how that column works now, its very neat. Thanks!

One final question I think, for classical its helpful to add the record label - that does not appear to be an option. Do people just use publisher instead?
Publisher is a JRiver remapping of Label inside of JRiver. Using an external tagger that writes to Label should be dumped into this field automatically into this on import. Should you prefer to use Label you can. Just create a Custom tag for it.

Again ....  if you want more general answers like this, please start another thread. You are still posting under "Older Versions" a version 19 post!! Thanks

zenpmd

• World Citizen
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2016, 12:22:22 pm »

Thanks so much again!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up