INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice on setting up JRMC19 for Win 7 Lynx AES16?  (Read 4339 times)

dbdog

• Recent member
Advice on setting up JRMC19 for Win 7 Lynx AES16?
« on: January 28, 2014, 04:18:51 pm »

I've just build a new music server and wanted to get some thoughts on the best sounding way to set up MC.
1. Should I use ASIO, WASAPI or Direct Sound? This article suggests Direct Sound to my surprise: http://www.lynxstudio.com/support_compatibility.asp
2. What about all the options under device settings in MC for each option? The ASIO actually references Lynx for one check box. Does that apply to the AES16?
3. Are there any settings in Control Panel I should worry about for setting up the Lynx AES16? I've left them alone.

Many thanks for any help.
Cheers
dbdog

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Advice on setting up JRMC19 for Win 7 Lynx AES16?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 04:31:35 pm »

That Lynx recommendation page is way out of date. I'll try to get them to correct it.

I own the Lynx AES16e and here is what I recommend:

1.  Use ASIO.
2.  Set the buffering to at least 100 milliseconds and check "device uses only most significant 24-bits"
3.  Nothing needs to be set in the Windows Control Panel. You also don't need to set anything in the Lynx Mixer.

What DAC are you using?

dbdog

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 06:12:34 pm »

I'm using a Bryston BDA-1. Rest of the system in case you are curious:
Sim-Audio P5 Preamp
Sunfire 300x2 power amp
Thiel 3.6 speakers

No complaints about the sound. Just looking to set it up right so I can rest easy that I'm getting the best performance possible.

I'm curious, if I use volume control, volume leveling and eq in MC does it negate any possible benefits of using a bit perfect output like ASIO? In other words if I'm using changing the output via MC does it make any difference what output device I use. If not I might as well use Direct Sound since I won't have the hassle of fully stopping playback before I can play say, a youtube video.

Cheers
dbdog

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 09:19:15 pm »

Since ASIO completely bypasses the Windows mixer, it has benefit regardless of volume control or DSP. You can read more about Audio Output Modes in the wiki.

You can use JRiver for YouTube playback and the audio will go through JRiver's audio engine. If you want browser audio to play through JRiver, you might check out the WASAPI loopback feature (also known as Tools > Open Live).

dbdog

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 01:53:31 pm »

Many thanks mojave!

Primare Knob

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 06:31:28 pm »

Hi, what cable pin layout are you using with the Bryston? I want to do the same with my Bryston BDA-2.
Pages: [1]   Go Up