INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any way to pass deinterlacing job on to Monitor itself ?  (Read 3111 times)

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Any way to pass deinterlacing job on to Monitor itself ?
« on: February 04, 2014, 04:40:29 pm »

I am getting good results with ROHQ with decoding done by the CPU and scaling done by madVR on an Asus HD6450.

When the file is 1080i, I start getting dropped frames, which would seem to indicate that the additional deinterlacing job is just enough work for the GPU to cause it to be overworked.

My HDTV is recent enough to have a pretty good processor, in other words, 1080i directly from the OTA antenna looks very good.

So, is there any way to tell madVR/LAV/MC19 and AMD Catalyst not to deinterlace - and just have it done by the HDTV monitor ?

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: Any way to pass deinterlacing job on to Monitor itself ?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 04:44:06 pm »

Interlaced output from a PC is not a very good idea, its extremely hard to get the sync just right, for all intents and purposes practically impossible.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: Any way to pass deinterlacing job on to Monitor itself ?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 05:39:47 pm »

Okay, thanks for that, I won't pursue that direction further.

But meanwhile, there was this post in MC18 Forum:

MadVR Profile Groups

I started using Profile Groups to enable different scaling algorithms based on a condition.  For example, my APU can do Jinc3 chroma upscaling for 1080p 24hz content, but it drops frames for 29.97hz interlaced. I have setup 2 groups: one for 1080i with Bicubic chroma upscaling and 1080p with Jinc upscaling and created a condition under the profile group: if (deintFps > 24) "1080i" else "1080p" which will select the appropriate chroma setting based on the source.

To create a group, select the scaling algorithms folder -> create profile group and choose what scaling you wish to create a group for (1 of each type is possible). Create each profile under the newly created group and name each accordingly. Use the name of each in the condition expression as shown above.
which would solve the problem perfectly.

In madVR 0.86.9 which is in MC19 build 108, I do not have a "create profile group".  That seems to have been added in 0.87.0, which also adds "* settings can now be edited without madVR running (only on local PC)" which would make what I am doing at the moment somewhat easier.

So, a request for updating MC19 to 0.87.4 (which includes some fixes), thanks !
Pages: [1]   Go Up