INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Temporarily upgrading madVR ?  (Read 6324 times)

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Temporarily upgrading madVR ?
« on: February 05, 2014, 02:00:03 pm »

Will it work to upgrade MC19's install of madVR with a newer version, by copying the newer version on top of the existing version ?

Would later upgrades of MC19 be able to upgrade madVR on top of my update, and thus automatically go back to the normal MC19 version of madVR at that time ?

Thanks.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Temporarily upgrading madVR ?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 02:25:29 pm »

Yes - you can just copy it over the top.  To get the old version back just delete the folder and MC will then download it's latest version.  Of course none of this is recommended  ;)
JRiver CEO Elect

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 10:36:17 pm »

That worked fine... so far madVR 0.87.4 is working very well... I have debanding on, and it has not affected performance.

I was planning on using the new profile functionality to use lesser scaling options when deinterlacing... but in the meantime, I tried using the madVR display rate changer instead of the JRiver one, in order to use IVTC - because most of my interlaced material is network TV shows I record OTA, and they are largely film-based.

So, I "forced film mode" and the result is that madVR deinterlaces using IVTC to 23.9xx fps... and that turns out to be much less GPU-intensive, and also 23.9 fps is easier to achieve than 60 fps, because you have 2.5 times as much time to do the processing.

The result is that with film mode deinterlacing using IVTC to 23.9xx fps, I can use my normal scaling (bicubic75 chroma) and it looks yet better (also due to removing the telecine effect of duplicate frames).

===

Update:  I downgraded MC19 back to 90 (until the SACD import bug is fixed), and 0.87.4 is still there - so I am guessing that the JRiver install will only upgrade madVR to a higher numbered version.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 11:58:54 pm »

You need to delete the madVR folder and then MC will download the one it is bundled with.
JRiver CEO Elect

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 04:55:25 am »

Yes - you can just copy it over the top.  To get the old version back just delete the folder and MC will then download it's latest version.  Of course none of this is recommended  ;)

I am running JR19. I would like to update madVR manually. Using: %APPDATA%/J River/Media Centre 19/Plugins

Dropped the update file '0.87.4' onto the old file '0.86.9', and nothing. The update file simply drops into the old file. I thought it would have been copy/replace for it to work?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 05:04:07 am »

Just did it today to test the new NVidia compatible build for NNEDI3 (which works fine!).  I just downloaded the latest MADVR Zip, opened it and copied (copy / replace) the contents over the version in ....\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 19\Plugins\madvr
JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 05:28:45 am »

Just for the record, the latest madVR release includes one of the fixes I've been waiting for, and if nothing else comes up, MC will include a recent madVR soon.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 07:03:35 am »

Just did it today to test the new NVidia compatible build for NNEDI3 (which works fine!).  I just downloaded the latest MADVR Zip, opened it and copied (copy / replace) the contents over the version in ....\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 19\Plugins\madvr

Got it working. Thanks

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 07:52:30 am »

Just for the record, the latest madVR release includes one of the fixes I've been waiting for, and if nothing else comes up, MC will include a recent madVR soon.
do you know what settings you will use in ROHQ to begin with?
Pages: [1]   Go Up