INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IMDB movie tag question  (Read 3392 times)

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
IMDB movie tag question
« on: February 07, 2014, 04:04:26 am »

I wondered if it is possible at all to influence the fields that are imported? I would like the "Country" field to be populated with IMDB data automatically but it isn't and putting it all in by hand is arduous. Is there any way of doing this?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: IMDB movie tag question
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 03:06:08 pm »

I don't believe so.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 06:43:54 am »

Isn't it a little odd to support the "Country" field (and several others) and then NOT download the relevant information and leave it to users to enter it themselves?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 12:54:11 pm »

From your other IMDB-related thread, you've learned that MC uses TMDB, not IMDB.

As far as Odd, I'm sure there's a good reason why Country is not filled in via TMDB, but don't know the reason.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 08:43:04 am »

I am not sure but last night I discovered in the Options Advanced a setting that allows one to specify fields for various (imported) media, and "country" as well as many others are listed for video. I haven't tried it yet, hence the vagueness but is sounds promising.

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 04:49:45 pm »

I would love to have Media Center populate the country tags, and an option to disable keywords.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 07:33:36 am »

I checked TheMovieDB, and they don't appear to have a straight forward "Country" tag. There is "production_countries", which includes the countries the movie was shot in - but of course thats a list, and not a single value, and I'm not sure it matches the semantic of the Country field.

Which info are you guys really looking for in the Country field?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 07:43:41 am »

Which info are you guys really looking for in the Country field?

I would like it to reflect the "nationality" of a film. This is, of course, a very tricky thing and trying to come up with criteria has not been easy, but one guideline I use (I do all of it by hand so far) is the nationality of the director. This does not always work though. Lass Halström's films when still made in Sweden are easy, but what when he starts making Hollywood films like "What is eating Gilbert Grape" or "Chocolat"? In such cases I tend to agree with the labels used by the IMDB in their "country" label, although I try to restrict myself to the main country (so many non-Hollywood films are cooperative ventures resulting in a whole string of countries being involved even if the film is essentially Slovenian or Italian, or Iranian).

fredele

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 07:16:00 pm »

Well, I've done a scraper add-on for MC a while ago.

It does what you want and much more.
It retrieves info from TVDB, TMDB, all in your native language, downloads subtitles (opensubtitle,subdb), fetches poster from TMDB and Fanart.
It automatically adds some fields in the MC database.
It's more for non-native american users, because the default scrapper doesn' t really work for other languages ...

Take a look at :
https://github.com/fredele/JRScrap/releases/tag/0.6
If you're interested.
Note that's not coming from a professionnal dev., so it's rough but works ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up