INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Menu Issues  (Read 8324 times)

groovyd

Menu Issues
« on: February 12, 2014, 09:46:06 pm »

Just downloaded 19 for mac and am in trial... i used to own jriver for windows some years ago, does that give me any sort of discount?

Anyway first thing I noticed is the menus don't work correctly.  They sometimes stick and don't close.

Second thing I noticed is something I need to feel good using this player is some sort of 'genius' type playback where it mixes and matches based on some theme.  I can't be picking my music all day and I can't be listening to purely random picks or even the same playlist over and over.  I need a guided tour of my collection.  

Third, is there any way to set the columns for all views the same.  For example I want all views to be with album art and sample rate but not genre, in a specific order and auto-sized, always.  without having to setup each one individually always.

Oh and one more thing... went with just all default settings except volume leveling i turned on and headphone cross feed standard.  I use a McIntosh D100 into LCD-X as my main rig.  Do I have everything set optimally?  Am I right in thinking integer mode should be identical output to non-integer mode and is exclusive mode right?  When Skype calls come in I need to be able to immediately answer then with the volume auto-muting similar to how iTunes handles it, unmuting when I hang up.  I noticed selecting integer mode puts out my 44.1/16 tracks as 24 bit to my dad while de-selecting integer mode puts it out at 32-bit.  Is there a loss of precision with integer mode?  I quickly found out exclusive mode does not let me switch between jriver and web videos or Skype.  Is this a compromise?

alanthewild

Re: Menu Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 03:43:26 pm »

I get the same issue with the menus. Well, I'm assuming it's the same issue...

It only happens after clicking on the Media Centre 19 menu item and then opening the File menu.
The File menu sticks and doesn't automatically disappear when opening another menu eg Edit.
It does disappear if you click back on the main window a couple of times.

Currently running 19.0.118 and the issue has been there for several versions.
Attached a screenshot showing both menus displayed.

groovyd

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 09:50:54 pm »

Yep, still happens for me too...

I did manage to find my equivalent of Genius (Play Doctor), so very happy with that at least. Big issues for me remaining are that it didn't import my playlists from iTunes and the volume leveling doesn't work well using Play Doctor, the menus of course, a couple crashes but not too bad there, and it not always responding to play/pause on the keyboard.

sound quality is better then itunes (did a direct A/B between them) especially in the high siblant prone frequencies it is not as harsh sounding.  Love the DSP ability to add crossfeed for headphones but it doesn't seem very noticeable the difference unlike some other crossfeed algorithms I have heard.

bobkatz

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 08:38:12 am »

On my Media Center 19 for Mac I have to click the mouse to switch between main menus. Can't roll from menu to menu. E.g. from Tools to Player. A bug I hope.
Pages: [1]   Go Up