INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License Install Failures in OS X 10.9.1  (Read 3975 times)

grantb

License Install Failures in OS X 10.9.1
« on: February 21, 2014, 11:25:30 pm »

I needed to do a clean install on my early 2011 MacBook Pro's SSD today.  After I finished I tried re-licensing MC 19 and it announces success every time and opens a browser page exclaiming the same thing.  When I check, it still says unregistered.  I have burned through 3 of my 10 license restores in the last 24 hours.  I tried using the key with MC running and stopped - no difference.    :'(

grantb

Re: License Install Failures in OS X 10.9.1
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 11:30:05 pm »

Sorry, I meant to post this in the MC19 thread.  Darn newbies!  :P

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 12:28:54 am »

That's okay to keep the thread here.

I can confirm your issue, however.  Registration appears to be broken in the current build (19.0.117).  I just intentionally unregistered my copy of MC, and then installed the newest build.  It is just as grantb indicates.  You can install the key, and it appears to work, but it doesn't "take".

It does, however, use up one of your restores.  By the way, grantb, don't worry about the restores.  They can reset those.  (Speaking of which, I just used up a bunch of them too, testing this out.)

Also, grantb, to solve your problem for right now: If you install the older 19.0.103 build, it will let you register the application properly.  Then you can upgrade it to the current 117 build, and the registration "sticks".  But you can't register it new from within 117 right now.

Proof (I was going to make an installation demo, but then it turned out to be true):
https://vimeo.com/87331668
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

grantb

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 12:54:18 am »

I did as you suggested and restored 103, installed the license and then upgraded to 117.  That worked just fine.  Thanks glynor!   8)

lobo85

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 08:29:14 pm »

That's okay to keep the thread here.

I can confirm your issue, however.  Registration appears to be broken in the current build (19.0.117).  I just intentionally unregistered my copy of MC, and then installed the newest build.  It is just as grantb indicates.  You can install the key, and it appears to work, but it doesn't "take".

It does, however, use up one of your restores.  By the way, grantb, don't worry about the restores.  They can reset those.  (Speaking of which, I just used up a bunch of them too, testing this out.)

Also, grantb, to solve your problem for right now: If you install the older 19.0.103 build, it will let you register the application properly.  Then you can upgrade it to the current 117 build, and the registration "sticks".  But you can't register it new from within 117 right now.

Proof (I was going to make an installation demo, but then it turned out to be true):
https://vimeo.com/87331668

Wish I knew about this before I bought a whole other license after wasting 6 restores and doing a clean install of OS X.

mitch751

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 11:40:35 pm »

Wish I knew about this before I bought a whole other license after wasting 6 restores and doing a clean install of OS X.

So disappointed, I have the same problem .. can't import all my file from my external disk.

Then I tried reinstalled, same problem,

Sigh !! Even reinstall is a problem too ... I used up 6 out 10 still failed to get the software registered ..

Whats a waste of money

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 07:01:58 am »

We can fix the restore problem if you run out.

Make sure you're not trying to use a Windows license on Mac.  That won't work.

The Mac license problem should be fixed today or tomorrow.  Sorry for the trouble.

mitch751

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 07:41:31 am »

Thank you

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 09:54:14 am »

So disappointed, I have the same problem .. can't import all my file from my external disk.

Then I tried reinstalled, same problem,

Read my post above.  This is a bug, but it only impacts the current build (v117).  You can install the old version (103) available here, and use it to get the license installed.  Then, you can upgrade back to the current version if you want.  The new version works fine, except that you can't use it to register a new license.

Or just wait a day or two for a new, fixed version.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JohnT

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 10:11:17 am »

Sorry for the problems, we'll get a fix out today.  I cleared all restores for the people in this thread. 
Thanks Glynor for the assistance on this.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Richheart

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 04:29:42 pm »

Having tried everything and failed, with reinstalling the license on MC18 (I am running this together with MC19), I saw this thread today. I tried again and Presto! MC18 is now re-registered to me (I think I used up 6 restores on 15th of Feb and another today). I would be grateful if you would reset 18 and 19 for me.
When should I abandon 18 and just leave 19?

JohnT

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 01:15:37 pm »

Having tried everything and failed, with reinstalling the license on MC18 (I am running this together with MC19), I saw this thread today. I tried again and Presto! MC18 is now re-registered to me (I think I used up 6 restores on 15th of Feb and another today). I would be grateful if you would reset 18 and 19 for me.
When should I abandon 18 and just leave 19?
They're reset.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Richheart

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 01:44:04 pm »

Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up