INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stello U3 issues  (Read 3093 times)

Dvsas

Stello U3 issues
« on: February 24, 2014, 01:23:29 am »

Dear all,

I am trying to eliminate all potential factors with regards to my Stello U3 failing. I have installed different drivers for my new dac in order to do an A/B comparison with the U3 and old dac. Since then my Stello stopped producing sound, i get the green light so it's recognized, MC19 recognizes it, my dac recognizes the coax connection as well, however it fails to produce music. With regards to MC19 the thing I have noticed is that the exclusive access for MC19 with the U3 doesn't seem to behave as it should, when I play a music file (which it does) the volume controls aren't locked. That's why I am wondering whether something is going wrong the communication between the U3 and MC19. Would a re-install of MC19 make a difference?

Any ideas what may have happened with regards to the drivers?

Kind regards,

Donny

rkhorton

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Stello U3 issues
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 10:11:53 am »

Good Morning! Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the Stello U3. I also use a U3 and have had no issues with either the MC18 for Windows or MC 19 for mac. First thing to know is that the MAC has its own native "drivers" for the U3. The U3 uses an XMOS chip set which the MAC recognizes by itself. This is different then Windows where you do need to install a driver. You can check to see if the MAC is seeing the U3 under Tools>Options. Make sure Audio is highlighted in the left panel. My iMAC shows:XMOS USB 2.0 [Core Audio]. In addition make sure that a check is next to "Open Device with Exclusive Access". Leave unchecked INTEGER Mode. Please keep in mind that the Stello U3 is not a DAC per say. It is a bridge device between you computer and your DAC. It converts the USB signal to something the DAC can use for playback. Lastly, you might want to check the MIDI settings on the MAC (Launch Pad>Other>Audio Midi Setup). In the left panel you should see a couple of input/output devices along with the XMOS USB 2.0 Audio Out. Make sure that is highlighted. I, too, have an older DAC and am using the U3 as a bridge to that unit while I save enough bucks for a DAC with built-in USB capability. I hope this may help with your Stello U3. Best Regards!
Pages: [1]   Go Up